Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sketch style textures for episodes 1-4

My reasons:

1. its fast...very fast.
2. it will fit the over all vision i have for the look of this cartoon...wich is a 3d comic book.
3. I can use color to further push dramatic scenes since the cartoon will be in a pencil drawing look..backdrops will be in full ranged grey scale tones, and of course the pencil drawing look...

Since my artistic bg. is in illustration, i thought it would be cool to try and make it look like drawings moving around...

THIS IDEA COULD SUCK so i will test it during the teaser process...if it looks like craopola, then ill go with a nice painted textured theme...2 or 3 tones on all objects...

once again my main focus is to get the cartoon going, and animate and direct...it should look cool with just box people moving around if anything...

heres a quick test....

has anyone seen animations done like this? if so please let me know so i can research!!

thanks all!

Text_Idea01.jpg

Text_Idea02.JPG

Replies

• ArtOfBrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ALSO i slapped this on REV 02!!!! this is not the updated Hiroshi....the updated one will have alot of the changes added to it that i got from here and all of you!!!

thanks all!
  • j4polaris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    j4polaris polycounter lvl 18
    I can see a little bit of linework on his face, but it's really hard to make it out. The combination of the faceted facing and lighting I feel could detract greatly from the final texture work. Although continue to experiment... Good stuff will come from it!