Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] James_Kincaid

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
ZombieWells polycounter lvl 12
Hey guys, I just wanted to temperately put all more final renders in one place until I get a web-site up and running. It has the AMP-SUIT as well as the MBT-70, and the Centurion. Cheers

ampsuit3.jpg

ampsuit2.jpg

ampsuit.jpg

ampuvs.jpg

btreadb3q.jpg

fmbt703qdone.jpg

afinshotsreally.jpg

afinshotsreally2.jpg

Replies

• Porkpie Samurai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Porkpie Samurai polycounter lvl 15
    Nice works. Great hi poly work! Your attention to detail is commendable
  • vcortis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vcortis polycounter lvl 9
    Hey awesome work so far. If I had a critique it would be the tank could use a few different versions. I see a lot of tanks in good condition, but what about one that has been through a few battles? In the desert? In a city? If you did a few tweaks here and there and a few texture versions I think it would really sell it.
  • mathes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The suit is amazing, I would love to see that in game.

I like the little Canadian flag on the U.S. Tank. As VCortis said, the tank could use a war-torn texture, similar to the suit. May want to focus on a low-poly version next, something matching the poly limits of Battlefield, etc.
  • ZombieWells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZombieWells polycounter lvl 12
    Yeah, the tanks could use some variation- I might get on that after I finish up just one more model... is modeling starting to look a whole lot like heroin? ummm

mathes- the Centurion is a British made tank. Though, it has been purchased by many nations including Canada, but most notably the the Israelis who had over 1,000 Centurions in service at one time. Its in this book I have.
  • PredatorGSR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PredatorGSR polycounter lvl 14
    On the amp suit, it looks like the texel density is varying widely. On the arms, the textures look blurry, while on the torso and legs the textures are very sharp. It is really bringing down what is an otherwise good looking piece, so I would try to fix that if possible.
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Hey great work man! Judging from your tank, I'm sure your high poly and normals are kickass on the mech. So the main thing that I would crit on the mech are the details. I think with small painted in details you could really make it awesome.
    He's green so that's probably painted metal right? Go nutz with the edging and wear. Don't over do it, but I think a mech like this would definitly be really worn down.
    The other thing I notic is the mud. While it is a nice touch, I don't find it to be very realistic looking. Since he is a big heavy guy, I would guess that the mud would sort of explode under his feet. Making it spray from the ground up. Not sure how else to explain it, but I would go for a more splattered type mud look.
    I'm loving the tank btw. Great job man, your portfolio will be sweet!
  • Wayfa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OMG hardsurfaces :thumbup::thumbup:
    Amazing stuff... maybe presentation could be improved a bit.. but the stuff inside is 10.
    Cheers
  • shinobix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shinobix polycounter lvl 16
    F'in amazing hard surface detail on those models ZombieWells!! Glad to see the Canadian Flag on the tank too :D
  • ObsidianPC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That all looks really fantastic - I like the Avatar suit!

Alex Hogan
    Technical Artist
    Monolith Productions
  • AeroAstroArtsLtd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AeroAstroArtsLtd polycounter lvl 12
    great portfolio keep up the good work