Home Technical Talk

Cintiq issues

Millah
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Millah polycounter lvl 18
Has anyone had any hardware issues with their cintiqs before?

I recently purchased a new 21 incher (the new one was announced like 1 week after I had already ordered and received mine but anyways)....

I've had the following happen a couple times now where the unit behaves wierdly.

1. one time while working it acted as if one of the pins in the cable stopped receiving signal, thereby changing the color of the picture to something greenish. After a power off and back on this went away.

2. A second time (recently) the entire screen filled with white vertical lines. I could still see the picture, just with horrible white lines through it. I powered off my pc, and the problem persisted whenever I powered the cintiq back on (before it went to sleep). I unconnected all the cords and reconnected them, no luck. Finally it just magically "came back" after a little bit when I powered my machine back on to use my second monitor to search for issues related to this stuff.

I'm kinda worried with issues like this after less than a month that I may have a defective unit? Anybody else experience this stuff? I searched the forums and google and didn't turn anything up. I'm pretty sure it's not a video card issue since, as I said the unit had the lines running through it even when not recieving a signal from the pc.

Replies

• chronic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chronic polycounter lvl 10
    I had some issues with my Cintiq at work - ghosting and other strangeness
    I solved it by using the included DVI-I to DVI-D adaptor - this forces the Cintiq to use a digital signal (otherwise it seems to use an analog signal, or something, even over the DVI connector)
    Might not help your problem - but just putting it out there as general help.
  • G3L
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    G3L polycounter lvl 9
    Did you try updating the drivers? Someone at work was having problems with his and all he did was download the new update and all was fixed, not sure if that'll help O_O
  • Jay Evans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jay Evans polycounter lvl 18
    I have some weird streaky pixels from the top or sides when I turn it on, but they always disappear in 10 min. It's been like this for a year, doesn't seem to get any worse or be anything to worry about at the moment.
  • Millah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Millah polycounter lvl 18
    I'll try updating the drivers for the tablet this evening and keep my eyes on it. Your comments are much appreciated. Thanks!
  • swytch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swytch polycounter lvl 8
    Slight hijack of the thread...

For Photoshop I usually set my pen buttons as keystrokes [ ] to increase/decrease brush size, and when I press and hold them they work the same as the keyboard, the brush size increases/decreases until button is released. With recent drivers (at least Nov. 2009 to now) I have to keep clicking the button to change brush size. Quite the annoyance on both Cintiq and Intuos4 on two different comps and PS.

WinXP 32
    CS3

Win 7 64
    CS4

Is there a setting to have the buttons work same as hotkeys or am I going to have to try older drivers until I find one that works?