Home Technical Talk

Photoshop CS4 not playing nice with other apps?

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
I'm not quite sure when this started happening, but on my work computer, I can't seem to keep PS CS4 open if I want to open another graphics app, be it 3D (Blender, Silo), or 2D (SAI, MyPaint, Flash [<--ffs!]). If I do, said app will crash out, pretty much without fail.

Has anyone ever experienced this, and if so, what the hell is going on and how do I fix it? This is definitely something new, but I'm not sure exactly when it started cropping up (within the last month or two?). I mean, even Flash CS4 crashes, ffs.

I've tried this both with and without GPU acceleration enabled in PS (I've also tried rebooting).

Replies

• [HP]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    Yes, this is the reason why I reverted to CS3.
    I was going to suggest turning off hardware acceleration, but It seems you already did it. CS4 sucks tbh, I hope the next one will fix all the problems this one has.
  • ikken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Do you have wacom intuos 3 as input device?
    one of last year's drivers had a bug, that kept crashing corel painter if opened simultaneously with photoshop.
    something was wrong with more than one program, accessing the same tablet in that driver release.
    it was fixed later, so try updating your wacom drivers and see if that helps.
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    Intuos4, actually. Can't recall if I'm on the latest driver revision, so I'll take a gander when I'm at work on Monday. Thanks for the heads up, hopefully that fixes it.