Home General Discussion

oops Kojima did it again

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
xvampire polycounter lvl 14
http://www.metalgearsolid.org/Articles/Features/hideo-kojima-versus-the-big-robots.html

Hideo Kojima Versus the Big Robots

This is an article about Hideo Kojima's life, career and also his thoughts on diffrent aspects of media and gaming industry. This article was originally published in the April 2004 issue of the Edge Magazine. The title "big robots" serves as a metaphor for the soulless movie industry and the Japanese game press.

check out the last part :p, big salute to this guy

Replies

• moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    "Japanese game media is shit," he says, plainly. "Most Japanese reporters who come here for an interview on Metal Gear Solid haven't done their homework; they haven't done their research, and you can hardly consider them being intelligent creatures at all. You can print that."

hahahaha go Kojima
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    "You can print that."

lol ooooooh snap.
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    Hmm pretty good read. But there are at least 4-5 spelling errors in there ;). And "a lot" has been spelled as "allot" a couple of times :(.

The end is fun though :).
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    "Yes, the motivation's still the same as before," says Kojima , "but I don't think my fellow colleagues share my passion, they probably consider themselves as ordinary white-collar workforce in a international corporation. That's a logical result in a business which constantly grows and becomes more and more mainstream."

This is really true. The kind of people who want to work at a big established company are just not the same people who want to work in a smaller risker shop. This is why you always see these big companies get more and more conservative over time.
  • d1ver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver polycounter lvl 14
    The guy's great. Might be not the most modest kind, but I think he earned his right not to be, since I credit him with the best piece of Art created by humanity, that I've encountered so far in my life.
    Interesting what it's like to work with him. Do we have anyone from Kojima Productions here?)
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Well I think he's incorrect in a sense... the Japanese industry has far more really recongnisable developers than the west...like that dead or alive creator who likes to grope his female workers...