Home Technical Talk

Videa capture from viewport to Adobe Premiere?

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
sama.van polycounter lvl 14
I'm currently trying to create a video form Maya viewport and then import it in Adobe Premiere.

I tried Camtasia but it will create some bugged frame in Adobe Premiere. Then I downloaded FRAPS but I need to by the full version if I want to do more than 30s of capture...
And then I found my very old HypperCam 2 and it works perfectly....

Problem is when I create a movie with Hyper Cam chossing the "TehSmith Screen Capture Codec" for very good quality, all UI or mouse cursor will be black in Adobe Premiere. But the video is working very good with VLC.

Then! I convert the movie with SUPER using AVI with the main choice "DX50-BEst with DivX5/Divx6 decoder" ...
Movie is still working good with VLC...
... But once importing the movie in Adobe Premiere CS4, the 2:48 min of the movie will be convert to 2:48 seconds -_- ........

I personnaly done something like that 4 years ago with AdobePremiere 6.5 and it was very easy....
Now on Window 7-64 and Premiere CS4 pro this is the hell haha!

Then guys... does someone know a simple way for creating movie from the Maya viewport and then importing in Adobe Premiere for create clip....?

Replies

• kodde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kodde polycounter lvl 18
    I suppose you're not looking for the Window>Playblast feature?

There's another pretty good screen cap software called CamStudio. Free to use. They also have their own lossless codec that you can use. I've had most good results with this app so far.
  • sama.van
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Window>Playblast ? where? there is nothing in the windo menu from Premiere with Playbast...

I just downloaded CamStudio and choices are very similar with HyperCam 2...
    Same result in Premiere :(
  • jipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jipe polycounter lvl 17
    I do not have Premiere so I can't test this, but I use Debut Video Capture for all my desktop recording (animation crits, etc.) and it just works.

http://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/index.html
    (Debut is free, Debut Plus is not)
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    The problem with Fraps is that it's not the whole maya interface, just one viewport (current one).I use Fraps/CamStudio, then bring into premiere.

So you're saying that a 2min48sec video imports into premiere as 2sec48frames? Did you set up the project right?
  • kodde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kodde polycounter lvl 18
    Sama Van> I meant in Maya. Strange that you don't get CamStudio working. I've used it for exactly this purpose, screen capping Maya and editing in Premiere.
  • sama.van
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alright thanks guys... I found my error :D

Frame rate was not the same -__-....

Project Frame-rate is about 23.xxx and my video 10... then Premiere didn't like it....

raaa... I lost lot of time >___<....

Anyway it's on good way now :)
  • sama.van
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!

I just update this thread for saying I found an issue to my problem

Then if you want to work with movie your recorded with Camtasia under Premiere CS4 pro you can read the following url :

http://forums.techsmith.com/showthread.php?t=9758

You only need to produce your video with Camtasia Studio one time, keeping exactly the same parameters. size and Techsmith codec if you want.

And the output movie will be totally good under Premiere!!!

It resolves dark screen screen under Premiere or shitty frame like freeze, comeback on previous frame every 2s, etc...

Now I can work :)
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    Premiere has always been a little bit retarded, kinda the not so handsome sibling within the Adobe collection.
    I remember the days when it couldn't handle 32 bit operations (like soft alpha blending, always dithered stuff) or handle square pixels instead of CRT TV distorted ones.

For converting and quick simple editing (i.e just cutting in 1 source) I use VirtualDub as it beats any app out there in speed and stability.
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    Producing with Camtasia is slow.
    Faster is to use Erightsoftware SUPER and convert the container (just the container, no recoding) to .mov. Takes only a few minutes.
  • sama.van
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul wrote: »
    Producing with Camtasia is slow.
    Faster is to use Erightsoftware SUPER and convert the container (just the container, no recoding) to .mov. Takes only a few minutes.

Good to hear that!!

Please could you say more?
    Becausemy movie is done and I have a very good quality output movie of 4.3 go for 20 min :D....

I tried to convert with SUPER, but output is bad, I didn't success to get a good quality movie.
    Black is not black and it create some pixel artifact, etc...

Here are the parameters I am using :

- AVI // MPEG-4 // mp3
    - Video : video scale = no change ; Frame/sec = 23.976 ; Bitrate kbps = 3024 ; Options = HiQuality//TopQuality
    - Audio : Samping Freq = 48k; Channels = 2 ; Bitrate kbps = 128

Do you know a better setting for a 20 min very good quality video less than 1Go output size?

I also tried MOV outpout with super without changing options and I got a 7go + video :D haha/

Thank you! ^_^
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
  • Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    Xoliul's settings should work fine.

If you prefer a .avi, which will probably need a reencode:
    http://www.videohelp.com/calc.htm

Use the above to calculate the stream size. Enter video length, set type to divx (you can use another codec when you encode, but make sure it's set to divx for the calculation tool.)

If you have a target size in mind, enter in the custom size box, this will give you the bitrate you need to achieve the size you want. Or you can change the bitrate to let's say 2500 and you will see how much space a 20 minutes vid will require @ 2500 (396 mb).

I personally like h264 in .avi format.