Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP: The Matriarch

polycounter lvl 16
Offline / Send Message
RedRogueXIII polycounter lvl 16
Hello, this is my first time developing a character from scratch. Any critiques would be appreciated!

Female_Ortho_Base.jpg

Sharon “Sinister” Figgs -
"Sharon is the head of one of many criminal syndicates competing for the domination of Bayside city.
Like an unofficial civil servant, she’s fiercely protective of the turf and people under her protection.
To her, nothing else matters.
A calm and pragmatic approach to things is her methodology, but when things get rough she enjoys getting her hands dirty with the rest of her gang.
A tomboy growing up, she learned to fight with her brothers. Lacking in physical strength, she learned to fight smarter and dirtier than all of them in order to win.
After losing her family in the crime business she vowed to never let it happen to anyone else.
In this corrupt city, she is seeing to it the only way she can see how."

inspiration_sheet.jpg

face_smooth_render.jpg
face_wire_render.jpg
body_wire_render.jpg
body_smooth_render.jpg

Replies

• Shogun3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    I think you're in the right direction as far as providing your moodboard and character description.

As far as scale goes, her head is too small.
  • Rang3r1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks great for your first time. There is just something about the nose edgeloops that look crowded to me. The ear is a little too boxy as well, but other than that it is a great start. I can't wait to see your finished model.

E: also, her pants need some more definition. Take a look at the mobster with the Tommy gun. Notice the sharp leading edge and the folds near the feet.
  • RedRogueXIII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RedRogueXIII polycounter lvl 16
    trst.jpg
    Using self lit diffuse textures only. Three maps, one for the eyeball, one for the skin and hair, and one for the suit and clothes.
  • Soft_Hands
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's a good start but things but things need tweaking.
    Her head is too small.
    She is cross-eyed the pupils need to be closer to the top eyelid rather than the bottom. You can also bring the nose down a bit closer to her lips.
    The torso needs to be worked a bit to show more curves. And the legs could be a little less chunky.
    And a quick paint over to show you what I mean. Hope this helps.
    paintover.jpg