Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Vintage Gas Pump

Herro PC! This is a model I just finished earlier today for a scene I am working on. This is really the first 100% game model I have ever done really..

The scene I have in mind is a small marina/dock area just after a zombie apocalypse. This is the first model I completed for it. It's going to be out on the end of the dock for fueling boats!

600 tris
Diffuse + Spec
1024x2 each!

Any comments and crits are welcome :)
4307655025_be98f71050_o.jpg
4308394856_e9f40a0b86_o.jpg
4307654939_893e732fc8_o.jpg
4308394762_2259d5b653_o.jpg
4307655111_1ed211b023_o.jpg

Replies

• Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    the gas lettering does not look like its conformed to an arc, loks like its just individual leters rotated and placed,, no real flow.

the texture is really blury specialy for a 1024

the photosourced numbers http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2008/05/16/P5170253.JPG dont seem to match the style and the rest of the texture.

keep at it tho, you will improve with every piece
  • AtlusZMH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I seem to run into that blurrieness issue with other models ive done too.. are there any tips to avoiding that besides just upping the texture resolution?

I will fiddle with the text as well.. i was messing around with a lot of fonts and i think the arc thats being used was tweaked for one of the other fonts i had in mind >.<

thanks for the reply :)
  • Reverenddevil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reverenddevil polycounter lvl 9
    To get maximum texture resolution you need to make sure you layout your uvs properly. What I would assume without looking at your texture flats and having a 1024 map, is that your uv layout isnt maximized to its fullest potential. To really know for sure though post your texture flat. Also make sure you don't use low res images for textures..
  • 9skulls
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    9skulls polycounter lvl 13
    AtlusZMH wrote: »
    4308394856_e9f40a0b86_o.jpg

- The yellow font is kinda hard to read, and if read quickly it looks like it says "chank" at the bottom :F Maybe move the dirt stain a little?

- Or change the font to something heavier and then add some wear'n'tear to it?

- Those square-font things pop out from the overall look of your texture. They look too sharp to fit in, especially in the main screen with the blurred numbers.

- Those stains look kinda weird with black outlines...

- ... And also the black outline that surrounds the front panels gives a cartoony feeling about your model. Is that intentional?

Despite of that your model looks pretty good so far :)