Home Technical Talk

Max 2010 shrinking verts

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
apocalypse polycounter lvl 18
Hey all, I've encountered this problem in other versions of max but I seem to get it all the time in 2010. The verts either become huge or shrink down to a pixel. It's annoying the hell out of me.

Resetting Max brings them back to normal so I'm thinking it's a shortcut. Does anyone know how to toggle the verts back?

Cheers

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I dunno if it's a shortcut actually, I think it's a bug. I've seen it on many versions of Max on different PCs. Sometimes when it happened to me, simply switching to the Scale tool and back again fixed it... but that didn't fix it all the time :/
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    happened several times to me as well, every time though with max2010. You can set the size in the preferences tab and through MaxScript. I assume that there is some shitty defined shortcut that is cause of all this evil.

Someone else recently (also here on tech talk) had some bloated big wireframes when selecting stuff,
    http://boards.polycount.net/showthread.php?t=68722
    I too had the same sometime before. Never found out that though like what setting is causing it unlike the big verts setting which is easy to find.
  • apocalypse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    apocalypse polycounter lvl 18
    I think you're right MoP. Results seem pretty random. Reopening the max file sometimes works or restarting Max. I think I'm going to give up looking for the name of a shortcut that would do something like that.

What's the deal with Edit Poly and Editable Poly having different sets of shortcuts. When throwing an edit poly modifier on the stack its just rendering the custom shortcuts useless.

anyways, end rant.

I'll post the solution if I find it.