Home General Discussion

Overgrowth & Natural Selection 2 Deal

This deal is pretty insane: http://www.wolfire.com/pack

And if you already have pre-ordered Overgrowth, check your email, you get NS2 for free! This made my evening :)
Also follow the Wolfire blog if you can, they update daily and it's very interesting to read: http://blog.wolfire.com/

So yeah, spread it and help these awesome indie developers :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwLQRW2YmU8[/ame]

Replies

• ima
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ima polycounter lvl 8
    Yeah it's so damn awesome, and I think you can get a key for the other one for free even if you purchased one of them earlier.
    Too bad I'm still waiting for my CC to arrive :/
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Damn you. Must support fellow indies.

Bought.
  • 3devo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3devo polycounter lvl 12
    nice idea. for both games i was like maybe i'll get it, but a deal like this makes it a simple choice.
    BUY
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    how finished are the games?
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    They mentioned alpha phase. I think this is in part to help them fund the future development. Which I actually think is a good idea. Need to steal it for our next project.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    @Rooster, OG is maybe about a year from done. A lot of what is in the alpha now is just engine stuff, and various tests (some simple gameplay stuff included). We have made really great progress over the last year (since we started), so I don't think we will have any trouble completing the project in a reasonable amount of time.

NS2 has been in development longer, and I think they are closer to being finished but I am not sure about the exact time frame.

@Oxy and everyone else who has bought the pack or one of the games. Thanks for the support!
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Not being a negative nancy - but I'm honestly curious.

What happens if these games go belly-up and get cancelled? Are the pre-orders considered donations and forever liquidated? I think the idea of actually supporting a game you are interested in by paying the developers directly is awesome, though I'm curious how it works.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    yeah I hope I didn't come across negatively there- slums question was sort of what popped into my mind, I think since this seems almost more like an investment than a purchase I personally would need more info to make the decision- maybe that's in the blog, but I havent had the time to peruse it
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks for the interest guys!

We have a full refund policy, so if something happened where we couldn't finish the game, we could refund anyone who wanted their money back.

More likely I think is that we would have to release the game before it is perfect, in which case people who feel it is not a good product could still get refunded.

Both teams (wolfire and UW) have finished projects under their belt and are financially healthy. Both NS1 and Lugaru have a pretty big fanbase still, even though the games are years old, so I think that speaks to the quality of the products.

It is kind of a strange business model, but we were inspired by Mount and Blade. The main difference is that they already had basic gameplay in when they first started with preorders. We should have some gameplay in soon though!