jmiles interpolator
Hey all.. haven't posted something in a while.. crits or tips welcome.. peace

spacemarinewip01.jpg

Replies

• Gallows
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gallows polycounter lvl 9
    This kicks my marines ass. Is it cool if I use this for my clay reference?
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    ok not bad

I will give you some honest crits since im a BIG warhammer fan and know alot of the Fluff of the universe

1: Is he belong to any specific chapter?(scratch this I noticed the emblem of ultra marines on his back as I wrote this)

2: Is he a "fresh marine?" Reason I ask this, hes REALLY clean ,armor is perfect, face is baby face for a marine (meaning its all intact) etc

3: His face looks very VERY wide, even though a space marine is roughly 8 feet tall All meat genetically agmented person, there facial features dont widen out like the rest of them. He looks very strange and wide mouth (Its like aero smith became a Space marine and shaved his head)

4:The imperial logo on his chest isnt looking correct yet, to blobby not flat edged/refined enough ( Think its metals that are crafted as you work on it, alot of the planar brush with zbrush 3.5r3 will save you time on this)

5: Since hes a ultra marine, his chapter is known for there fight with the tyranids , Some marines are known for keeping alot of front line assaults with those baddies, I would add in claw marks of a tyranid or some acid marks etc

Other then that the edges on his back piece could use some sharpening (the circle part) And yea man keep at it GOGOGOGo!
  • jmiles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmiles interpolator
    @ Gallows-- ya go for it.. if it helps you with your design.. of course put your own twist on it; as Space Marines come in many varieties.

@ Seforin-- Thanks man. yes for now he is an Ultramarine, although, i kinda like the back story and the color scheme of the Crimson Fists. So I know there should be a few changes to his chapter emblems. Do you know of any good refs for a deeper look into their back story? I only know a little bit. As for his rank, perhaps my own Chapter Master-- someone like Marneus Calgar, or Pedro Kantor. I'm taking bits and pieces of things I think look cool, and hopefully and make them as accurate as I can. I'm going to change his right pauldron to present the Aquias/ Iron Skull/ Iron Halo combo. I'm trying to be as true to the game ranks as i can, but dont really know how to rank the officers properly, besides just looking at the reference i have currently.. I should get around to buying "how to paint spacemarines" from games workshop. Yes, his armor is very clean and could use a lot of scratches and dents. I also plan to plug up his head with wires and gadgets...yeah, his face is very stylized.. i need to retopo it yet because i made it from a zsphere and the current topo is driving me insane..

thanks for the comments all.. more to come
  • Gallows
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gallows polycounter lvl 9
    Are you going to model anything else from the 40K universe?
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    crimson fists are EXTREMELY latin , (there the space latino branch) So definetly will have to add in some features of a latino guy in there, right now he strikes me as a Salamander Guy based off his face

If your doing plus and such I suggest metal plates in the head etc that they connect to//skin formed around (look up the warhammer 40k comic with the Black templar damnation crusade

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damnation_Crusade Great ref of close up faces of space marines)
  • achillesian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dont like the face
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    man I am loovvvinnn da face!

MOAR!