Home General Discussion

Photoshop Books

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Cyrael polycounter lvl 10
Hey guys I have a friend who asked me for some recommendations of photoshop books and i unfortunately could not give her any bc all of photoshop that I've learned i've learned through stumbling through the program or from being around ppl using it and friends showing me tricks, or scouring the interwebs.. soo long story short.

best books to start learning photoshop?

thanks.

*EDIT* If there's already been a thread on this my bad and please point me in the right direction, I searched for it, but to no avail

Replies

• pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    What for?
    Web?
    Print?
    Illustration?
    Texturing?

Illustration is by far the easiest. You can show her the ropes in like 5 minutes.
    Texturing would be the field requiring the most technical know how .... and for web and print all you need is guides/rulers.

Also, explain her alpha channels early. One less question to answer next week hehe :P
  • Cyrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyrael polycounter lvl 10
    I'm thinking more of an overview of the whole program, not anything too in depth, just a touch of everything.. I'll explain a lot of the easy stuff, but does any one have any suggestions? and I will for sure explain alpha channels early - good call on that! Thanks!
  • Filbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Filbot polycounter lvl 12
    The visual quickstart guides is what the teachers at my college recommanded. Amazon
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    Classroom in a Book series from Adobe Press were pretty good when I learned PS. It's been a while though...