Home Technical Talk

Zbrush transpose/subtool issue

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
beartraps polycounter lvl 8
When i import an OBJ and try to move or sculpt on it, the scale of the object changes and I when I press undo nothing happens, the object remains at the different size. Im trying to import multiple subtools for a character and the Zbrush keeps changing the scale of these objects, its really fucking annoying. I tried making polymesh 3d and it doesnt help.

Anyone else have this problem and know what to do?

Replies

• pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Max : Reset Xforms, two times, then convert to editpoly ;

Maya : Delete All History, Freeze Transformations

and you're good to go :P
  • beartraps
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dammit that didnt work. As soon as I append the subtool and then try to move it into position the scale just changes and I cant revert to the original size.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    3.5? check the export values of you initial mesh, is it the same as when you import its basemesh?
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Wait -
    why would you want to move something after appending it as subtool. That's just asking for trouble man! Remember that's Zbrush we are talking about.
    Just position it all properly before export.
  • beartraps
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    im using version 3.12. Scale is set to 1 when I export (im using Maya)

@ Pior- Im moving it because I had to move the entire character because it wasnt positioned properly on the grid when I exported. I should have just lined it up when I exported but I just did it in Zbrush. So im importing something from the mesh thats not lined up into Z and im lining it up in Z (if that makes sense)

It does this if i try to simply sculpt on it without moving it
  • Alphavader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alphavader polycounter lvl 11
    Hey,
    same Problem here :
    I have multiple subtools - all the same object,
    ( i made one object - duplicate them - then retopology - but when iam
    reimport the reto one, the subtool chances the position to one (all 4 subtools stuck over the one ) ..

Thought that had something todo with the polygroups, tried groupsplit aswell,
    but diddnt work.. any suggestions ?

(using 4r2)

// i found out thats something todo with the translate of the object itself,
    it keeps the information during the export/import
    Next time maybe, i do one object - retopology - then duplicate..
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    I'm not quite following your problem, would it be possible to see screenshots or the ztl?
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    ZBrush's scaling has always been a bit screwy though I think it's gotten better in recent versions. It's a huge pain in the arse for me working on models that get turned into real-world objects. You might be able to fix your problems by unifying (in the tools->deformation menu) each subtool.