Home Technical Talk

swizzle coordinates in marmoset

hi

I baked tangetspace normals out of xnormal at x+ Y- Z+ and they seem to work in 3DS max and Xnormal model viewer.

I tried loading the same model into marmoset toolbag and it looks like a channel is flipped. What swizzle coordinates should I use for marmoset?

Is there a way to change the light direction in Marmoset?

thanks. I went through the marmoset masterthread but couldn't find what i needed.

thanks.

Replies

• Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    1. try inverting the green channel

2. press shift and click/move the mouse

3. why don't you ask in the masterthread? thought thats what its for...
  • SyncViewS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SyncViewS polycounter lvl 13
    Hi,
    EarthQuake said Marmoset follows Maya standards, which I'd like to know. In my experience it works with plain X+ Y+ Z+. I may be wrong but results seem right. I hope someone can confirm.

I usually bake with every axis positive, then use the "Flip green channel" checker in 3ds Max.
  • dolemite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys! Thanks for responding quickly, and inverting the green channel in PS fixed everything.

Neox: Thanks, I'll remember to ask there next time. Wasn't sure about the protocol before, but now I know. Thanks for helping me with the problem though!

SyncViewS: Interesting. I'm not familiar with Maya's settings, but it's good to know that someone keeps it simple as x+ Y+ Z+ ahahaha. thanks for the info!

thanks guys!
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    I believe there are technical reasons for doing it different like speed. Still its a mess with all the sub standards of normal mapping.