Home General Discussion

wanna buy terminator?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
rights to the terminator franchise is being auctioned off.
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=26186

Replies

• danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danshewan polycounter lvl 8
    I wonder how this will affect the green-lit Terminator: Salvation follow-up that Halcyon were telling everyone about towards the end of last year?
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    dont let douche bag (aka christian bale) touch the script again and it might actually be good....

http://www.chud.com/articles/articles/19577/1/EXCLUSIVE-WHAT-WENT-WRONG-WITH-TERMINATOR-SALVATION/Page1.html (its quite the read)

though, i did find salvation decent interms of action. just horrible horrible story.
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    When the original ending of the script leaked - John Connor is killed by a Terminator and has his skin grafted onto Marcus Wright, who takes up the shadowy leader's place as the leader of the Resistance....

Now that would have been fucking awesome.

This ending could have made Salvation (or whatever it might've been called) the Empire Strikes Back of the franchise. Why was Empire the best Star Wars film? Because the good guys got their asses righteously kicked.

Remember the first film? The Terminator was nigh-on indestructible, and it's that incessant, relentless terror of the machine that just keeps coming after you that made the T-800 one of the most iconic villains of modern cinema. But now, you've got a whole range of 'terminators' that look like the new Bandai range, and all the presence and fear is gone. What's the point? They should have stuck to the original screenplay and cast someone with less of an ego to play Connor.

Terminator 3 and Salvation don't even exist for me. Think I'll go watch the first film again.
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ericdigital polycounter lvl 13
    You nailed it danshewan. To this day I still feel terrified of the t-800s. It was clunky, angry and out to kick ass!
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    To this day I still feel terrified of the t-800s.

I still remember being literally terrified after they blow up the tanker, only for it to walk out of the flames, still single-minded in its purpose to end her. Seriously, the horror of realizing ohmygoditsstillcomingafterthemRUNRUN!!! made my flesh crawl.

Even in the cold, calculating logic of the T-800, the Terminator had its own distinct presence as an enemy. What I find the most disappointing about the way the franchise has slowly gone down the toilet is how bland and generic they feel now. Every time they add another 'cool' design of machine, it gets further and further away from 'the machines', and now it could be any uninspired, cookie-cutter robotic foe.

I hope this gets tangled up in red tape forever. They had their chance, and they blew it. I'll never get excited about another Terminator flick again.