Home Contests & Challenges Archives

UC 2009 'END GAME' | Squiggly | 3D

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Squiggly_P polycounter lvl 11
Throwing my hat into the ring a little late, but better than never.

Here's the best idea I've come up with thus far in doodle form:
Concepts.jpg

I'll work up a 3D mockup that will probably make more sense to people and have that up in a bit along with some more 'clean' art.

A path in a mountain that leads to two large tower-like structures, one of which has some sort of energy emitting from it. It could be explosive, it could be magical...

In a game scenario this would the be lair of an evil wizard / sorcerer who has finally gotten all the ingredients he needs to summon a powerful force to conquer the world with. It's probably not the most original concept, but I was attracted to the shapes and the basic idea in this concept, so I went with it. I have to pump up the gravity and evilness a bit to make it really feel more like an end-game. I was originally going to have the stairs lined with skeletons on pikes that would have had the banners on them, but some of the Q/A answers lead me to believe that it wouldn't be fitting with the 'no characters/no corpses' rule.

I also have no idea why I made it a daytime scene in the concept, since it will probably be dusk/sunset to create some nice deep shadows and let me light it better. Might also include a moon or two back there. Also, I was going for "monolithic" when I doodled the larger tower, but it looks more like "Washington Monument", so I'll be altering that as well...