Home Contests & Challenges Archives

UC 2009 'END GAME' | Team MacGyver| 3D

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
achmedthesnake polycounter lvl 17
Team MacGyver
Clan.gif
I'm going solo in this one - thought i'd try my hand in an environment project for once yeay!

Early Concept ( Theme : Evacuation/Exodus)
I was brainstorming around the theme/s involving a mass evacuation from a planetoid (earth or other) due to a extinction event (meteors/zombies/dead sun etc.) and creating the actual evac center/terminal point for a fraction of the lucky escapees - reminiscent of london tube stations/airports ( i love the tiled cylindrical architecture) and a space dock.....

Story:
A human colony/civilization is forced to flee the planet due to an unprecedented extinction event - so unanticipated that they lack the adequate facilities to transport all in such a short time span. As such, the governing body (a government or corporation) introduces a supposed random lottery for the spaces available on the few orbital - capable ships. A few evacuees flee to the transports under guard while the rest are doomed to die........

Simple color scheme - future tek but functional and practical (think a public tube station 50 years from now, still with signs a tube maps...). Atmosphere and theme will hopefully be emitted the scenery - all deserted and empty with signs of past habitation - the environment should show signs of the desperate and angry citizens trying to get to the last transports: smashed barriers, windows, signs of forced entry....

I'll be doing a brief plan and concepting before getting started on the modeling

Here's sum brainfarts while i'm thinkin - i apologize about the retro scans - just something about the tactile feeling of actual pen on paper that gets me going....

Unreal_concept01.jpg

Unreal_concept02.jpg

Replies