Home Contests & Challenges Archives

UC 2009 'END GAME' | Curry and Fries | 3D

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Frump polycounter lvl 12
Okay, so my good friend rsharma and myself are teaming up for this UC. I'll be mostly doing concepts, putting stuff in engine, making props and doing thread PR. Rsharma will be doing the large part of the modeling and texturing, as he is the environments guy. But we'll see, I might end up doing more than I bargain for if we are pressed for time. :)

We are Curry and Fries. A buddy cop duo like no other!

rsharma (Curry) - http://rohitsharma.ca/
Frump (Fries) - http://kparson.net

No concept art just yet, but here's a passage of text to set the mood for our scene. It's basically going to be a dystopic cyberpunk type environment. More to come on this later.

Evil maega corporations began draining the planet of its resources and hording all of the wealth on Earth. As the rich in the world got richer, the poor got poorer, but the guilt set in and the rich started the social programs to try and keep poverty to a minimum. The common man is provided for only through these social programs which are barely fit to sustain each person. Where government ends and these corporations begin is a Gaussian blurred line. Intergalactic trade has yielded favorable for these corporations. As when other civilizations are struggling, our governments would move in with aid... for a price. Eventually all of this Galactic commerce and trade brought attention to our planet and some are not so inclined as to gain what they want through diplomacy and bureaucracy. Over time, the planet has been further stripped and destroyed—raped by mankind and the extra-terrestrial threats. Humanity is all but extinct and the relentless attacks and pillaging of our earth has failed to cease. Geothermal and solar energy are still exciting prospects to enterprising species. The world and humanity have been stuck in the middle of many conflicts for territorial control of the Earth and its remaining resources. The victors of these conflicts hope to have rid the planet of all lifeforms, pre-existing civilization and culture, and any means for rebellion. The wars fought overhead between opposing factions doubling their purpose as means for driving the destruction of our civilization. I fear there is not much time left for any of us. Some might say the next few months will prove in bringing about the end game.