polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
amadeux polycounter lvl 8
* UPDATE 10-08-2009

TEAM (atm)
-walkntalknmonkey ( george angeles )

Team Logo:
skitzo.png

...and so the next post doesnt seem out of place, I'll keep the placehoder i had originaly:
1939367-4-the-placeholder.jpg

Replies

• vcool
  • amadeux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    just got some images to post realy quick.

just a study of a color study with some concept:
    schemeStudy.gif

a monument representing a hero's landmark
    monumentConcept.gif

a bridge
    bridgeConcept.gif
  • Ben Apuna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm such a sucker for the color green which in this case is giving your bridge sketch an interesting atmosphere.

Not too sure about all that fire coming out of the pyramids though, seems a bit over the top to me. On the other hand nothing says "End Game" quite like lots of fire and big explosions :)
  • amadeux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I thought that I should at least find some references to get an idea of the environment that I'm putting together. These images really bring out what I have in mind.

layout_references_01.gif

layout_references_02.gif

This is what my WIP concept drawing is looking like at the moment.

finalConcept01.gif

Right now im really just working with the color scheme. Since green and red are somewhat clashing colors I need to take some extra time to make sure I play this right. Its looking ok so far, but I thing I can make it look a whole lot better.

as far as the overgrown fire, Im know it seems awkward and quite a questionable feat , but I think I can pull it off with some trix :P .

also, I will update on background story soon.
  • D.Woope
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, the more I think about this idea the more I like it. I have a large amount of almost finished code right now that I want to get completed and online but this will definitely be one of the next features I tackle.
  • amadeux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ D.Woope
    - no thanks gay bot.

so here's an update. Im almost done with the complete concept. I think I cna pretty much start on the modeling from here since I got a pretty good idea of what I want now, but I think I just go ahead and flush this one out and make i look really good .

finalConcept02.gif

-George
  • divi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    divi polycounter lvl 12
    the rocks around the pyramid look really nice :D i'm not too sure whats going on in the foreground, but judging from the rocks alone this might end up really sweet! :D
  • amadeux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comment divi, to get an idea of what is going to be in the foreground, here's a concept of one element:

slumBuilding01.gif

im developing it from the slums references. Ill be posting the scenario later , but for now i'll just get me some rest so I can get to work in the morning.
  • amadeux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so Im finally done with the concept, obviously I got more than enough information to start building the scene.

compare to some others' progress I need to really pick up the pace and get going on the scene. I guess I got too carried away with the concept , but anyways:

finalConcept03.gif
  • amadeux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    its been a while, so I too a stab at zbrush to see If I could be able to pull off what I want and after some reading I was able to get some work in to see how I can get some nice looking rocks, and so far they look good to me, but I think I can push the detail a little bit more. I think next step is to figure out how to apply it, which by looking at other's process, I have a good Idea of what that maybe.

rock_test.gif

-George