Home Technical Talk

Steam bought Crysis Editor, paths issues

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
alexk polycounter lvl 12
*Edit* Think I solved it. Very strange and picky, not sure if it's because I'm using the steam download of the editor. The official documentation does not go at all where to put your objects, but they are suppose to magically appear.. not the case for me.

I grabbed Crysis off Steam recently, installed the latest Crysis wars SDK that I downloaded from an external, non-steam source. The editor runs fine, but there is an issue with the paths that I don't know how to fix. It just doesn't recognize the steam path as the home for Crysis.

Whenever I try to export my material using the 3ds Max plugin, it keeps saying "error, cannot find editor.exe" and asks for the path, which I pick, but when I export it again, it will say the same error again. I found that if I open up the editor before exporting my material, the error is gone, but the material doesn't get imported into the editor properly. It always comes in as a blank material. However, if I export it a second time, with a different name, it will import in properly, but the paths to the diffuse, spec, normal maps doesn't point the right place, and I have to manually change them to make it work.

Another issue is when I import my 3d max mesh into the editor, it doesn't show up in the brush library list below, in the rollout bar.

So yah.. ugh! Has anyone ever gotten crysis off steam? Anyone know any solutions to this?

Replies