Home General Discussion

3D Rad now free

Daaark
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Daaark polycounter lvl 17
http://www.3drad.com/
http://www.3drad.com/free-pc-games.php

Just got word of this somewhere else. I thought maybe some of you would like to play around with it. I may give it a try myself in the next few days.
What is the difference between 3D Rad and other tools to make 3d interactive projects?

The most striking difference is that 3D Rad combines extreme ease of use with an excellent flexibility. Traditional creation tools either lack flexibility or are difficult to learn.

The simple idea behind 3D Rad makes its interface easy to master and immediately productive, without sacrificing creative potential.

I understand that with 3D Rad you can achieve great results without coding, but does 3D Rad support scripting, where I need total flexibility?

Yes. A special object called Script can be used to achieve any sort of logic for your projects.

Will my compiled project run in full screen?

Yes. The compiled project is a true stand-alone executable that will run on other Windows® Vista/XP based PCs either in windowed or in full-screen, at any resolution supported by the video-card, including wide-screen formats. Full-screen mode allows for a smoother framerate.

Can it play in a webpage at my website?

Yes. The compiler can also export your project to a format that can be embedded into a webpage.

Can I make multi-level projects/games?

Yes. The compiler can combine multiple projects into more complex applications where each project can be called by others to achieve, for example, multi-level games.

Do I have to pay royalties to distribute my compiled project, or are there any restrictions?

No, you don't have to pay any royalty. You can distribute as many copies of your work as you want. The finished executable doesn't include any watermark or splash-screen and you don't have to say that it was made with 3D Rad or display credits anywhere in your work.

Replies