Home Technical Talk

Maya + MipMap trilinear + DDS

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
sama.van polycounter lvl 14
Curently working on iPhone I have lot of problem with the mipmapping....

I would like to know if in Maya I can use the Mipmap Trilinear option with my DDS file?

It means I work my mimap level in photoshop and it will show me the mipmapping of my texture...

Actually Maya will work with my DDS but doesn't use the mimap level from the file...

Replies

• kodde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kodde polycounter lvl 19
    Do you mean like Maya would use different dds-mip-maps depending the objects position from the camera in the viewport?

Not entirely sure about what you are asking -_-
  • sama.van
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kodde wrote: »
    Do you mean like Maya would use different dds-mip-maps depending the objects position from the camera in the viewport?

Not entirely sure about what you are asking -_-

My english... bouh... T_T...

I created the mipmap level of my DDS texture in Photoshop via the Nvidia plugin...
    ...and I would like to use this mipmap level from my DDS with the trilinear mimap mode in the Maya's viewport...

Actually maya take my DDS file and use only the 1st mimap level... and create his own mipmap itself....

Do you understand? >_>/...
  • warby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    warby polycounter lvl 18
    if this doesn't do:

in the viewport on top > shading > hardware texturing (infobox) > texture filter:mipmap triliniar

(and i guess that is what you are doing)

than you are out of luck !
  • sama.van
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    warby wrote: »
    if this doesn't do:

in the viewport on top > shading > hardware texturing (infobox) > texture filter:mipmap triliniar

(and i guess that is what you are doing)

than you are out of luck !

I know but Maya doesn't use my mipmap level in the 2008 version. It creates itself his own mipmap level.

Does it work on your side??
    It's working on Unity... but i need to do some debug in Maya!