Home Technical Talk

Question about 3dsmax viewport..

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
boyluya polycounter lvl 10
How to lock the other orthographic views in max like the side, top and front? I am switching from maya to max so sometimes I accidentally rotate it (the pan in maya = rotate in max). Is it possible to disable the the "rotate" in other ortho views in max? Thanks.

Replies

• pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    I would recommend Switcher from the makers of NEX. It will bring you the Maya nav you are familiar with, and, also give you the option to lock the orthos!

Great tool, loving it
  • boyluya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    boyluya polycounter lvl 10
    pior wrote: »
    I would recommend Switcher from the makers of NEX. It will bring you the Maya nav you are familiar with, and, also give you the option to lock the orthos!

Great tool, loving it

Yeah I've tried the trial and it's really cool. But without it, is it possible to lock the orhto's in max?
  • BLADE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don´t know a way to lock the ortho views. You are switching from one program to another. May be you just have to be patient. :poly121:

If you are rotating the view, just click the right mouse button to cancel this action. Rotating one of the ortho-views to have a isometric look at your modell and then cancel the rotation is often a nice thing.

A short cut for undo viewport navigation is shift-Z. Also the views have their own short-cuts
    P=perspectiv
    l=left
    t=top
    You name it.

Greets
    BLADE