Home General Discussion

The Automaton

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
konstruct polycounter lvl 18
The Automaton is a short film me and some buddies put together a few years back. its got some funky music, bad acting and some dry atmospheric bits but it was fun putting it all together.

lemme know your thoughts, good and bad

Replies

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] polycounter lvl 18
    Nice! At first when I read the opening screen, I thought
    "That's kind of strange that they're showing the definition with 'mindless follower' included" because at that point I assumed that's the context the title was mainly referring to, which would have made it kind of metaphorless if it said it right there,
    but
    then it made sense.
    Wasn't expecting the FX shot at all, so it made the realization of what was going on have some extra punch and made it a "Whoa! What was THAT!?" kind of moment.
    Cool stuff.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Hey man, just checked it out. I'm pretty impressed. :) Definitely agree with fly, the shot at the end caught me off guard.

What was your role on it konstruct?
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah, I liked it. Just short enough to work, and the acting from everyone involved was certainly good enough. Personally I didn't think the guy who got knocked down ('The Dude'-lookalike) was terribly convincing, but everyone else played their part very well.
    Nice atmosphere, and the b/w-look worked. I'm glad you chose not to show the helicopter at the end, as it would have been good for nothing but a gratuitous display of Special Effects
  • pior
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Man!
    This reminds me of that time when movies where good.
    5 stars!