Home General Discussion

I would like to pimp an appz!

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
dur23 polycounter lvl 19
I didn't really want to put this in the p'n'p section. But i helped a buddy out with some icons for his (i guess ours) photoshop-like app for the iphone.

Here it is:

http://ghostbirdsoft.com/photoforge/index.html

I know you guys will have fun doing some paintings with it. Post some!! :)

Replies

• t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    Man that looks interesting. Is there a chance that it supports pressure sensitivity for the paint brushes? If so it could make me buy an iphone just to use this thing. I've been thinking about buying a nintendo ds with homebrew, but if i could do that stuff on an iphone I'd rather have that. Hope you make loads of money btw! :P

/edit (I did see the video in the applet's site, but it didn't seem like it used pressure levels, that's why I'm asking)
  • dur23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
    Right now there isn't any support for pressure sensitivity. That was one of my requests aswell. :D I'll check where he's at with it. Get back to ya.
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    Ah that's good, cause I thought the iphone might not have support for it (silly, now that I think about it)...
  • JohnnyRaptor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnyRaptor polycounter lvl 15
    someone needs to make an iSilo or similar for the Iphone asap! or atleast a Lathe or something...good ol lathe...my first 3d app :(

ps, some pimp icons there mate
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    someone needs to make an iSilo or similar for the Iphone asap! or atleast a Lathe or something...

I seriously doubt that the iPhone has enough power under the hood for a 3D sculpting app. Besides, would you really want to sculpt on a screen that tiny?
  • PeterK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeterK greentooth
    That's really nifty Dur, congrats on the release.
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    damn, i wish i've had some iphone.
    priceless stuff, dur and i would love to see some examples and videos of process.
  • dur23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
    Ah that's good, cause I thought the iphone might not have support for it (silly, now that I think about it)...

I just texted him and said "hey, ya! Wheres the pressure sensitivity, be a better coder already". His reply was: "Lolz, i'll call up jobs and get some pressure sensitivity all up in that joint".

So my bad, i forgot that he already made good fun of me for asking for it.
    someone needs to make an iSilo or similar for the Iphone asap! or atleast a Lathe or something...good ol lathe...my first 3d app

ps, some pimp icons there mate

I would say it's not too far off. Apple says the 3gs supports up to around 6k triangles. So that's not bad, if it's true. But maybe in a couple generations this sucker will be all purpose. Hopefully with a built in projector. And thanks! Making icons sometimes hurts the ol' brains. Not quite character art. :)
    That's really nifty Dur, congrats on the release.

Thanks! It's mostly those other guys's work. I just helped them with some icons.
    damn, i wish i've had some iphone.
    priceless stuff, dur and i would love to see some examples and videos of process.

I'll try and get something up asap on this sucker. Showing some stuff.
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    dur23 wrote: »
    "Lolz, i'll call up jobs and get some pressure sensitivity all up in that joint".

roffle! Too bad it doesn't do it tho, now I can go back to hatin' on Jobs & co ^^
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    well it kind of does do pressure sensitivity, it works on heat right? well the hotter the hard er the pressure, well i had that heat sensitive app the one that could draw fire etc, was a bit rubbish but it could work like that
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    SHEPEIRO wrote: »
    well it kind of does do pressure sensitivity, it works on heat right? well the hotter the hard er the pressure, well i had that heat sensitive app the one that could draw fire etc, was a bit rubbish but it could work like that

Presure sensitive stylus that increases heat on the tip the more you press it? Hmm...
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Congrats to you and the rest of the team that put this together. I'll definitely be picking up a copy to screw about on the train (when I'm not playing Field Runners).
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    this app is awesome.

using the curve editor can be a bit wonky and isn't very responsive, but the results are great! Wish the filters had preset settings too, instead of 0!

cool stuff, worth the purchase!
  • dur23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
    SHEPEIRO: I haven't seen that yet, but i will for sure make the comment to my buddy. It sounds rad. And could be completely incredible for the size adjustments.

caseyjones: Post some results!!! I'm pumped to see what people in this community can pull off.

moose: You're making me blush sir. What version of the phone are you using? Again, it makes me happy that cats like you like it. Post!!!
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I just bought it and syncing it to my iPhone as we speak. I'll give a good crack on the train ride home tonight.
    I'll be sure to post some stuff.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I seriously doubt that the iPhone has enough power under the hood for a 3D sculpting app. Besides, would you really want to sculpt on a screen that tiny?

depends on what frame rate you expect. I'm sure back in the day we didn't expect ms dos to give us tremendously nippy results and the iPhone is a whole heap faster than that.