Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

new char

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
nu char! just somthin i'm doin for ta to go on the team opposite the other char i did. Still muchos work to do, lookin forward to sculptin in detail on the vest.

And a head test bake there on the right.
Crits are always welcome

LATEST UPDATE:
17.jpg

09.jpg

Replies

• BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Looking good so far. Too early to crit atm, cause everything you have so far looks nice.
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Where is his other hand!

Its looking really nice, only thing I would say is maybe make his hips a bit wider, right now they look a little too flat and share a perfect perpendicular with his holster.

Looking nice so far though
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    Yup echo above, I'd also pull a little of the folds out around the straps so they actually look tighter around the pants, and bunched up some of the cloth there.
  • vj_box
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looks like a marine! looks good also.
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey, thanks for the feedback all, much appreciated ^_^
    widened his hips a little, did his gloves and worked his bdu top out a little mo (hate doing collared shirts >:{), oh and tried adding more tension around the leg straps, might need more work.

Was thinkin about hair but I might go with one of those cap+headphone deals, tho they'll have to be removable with the purchasable helmet thing (same with the vest) :\
    Almost up to the low poly :)

10.jpg
  • LEViATHAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LEViATHAN polycounter lvl 11
    How refreshing, a soldier with normal proportions. :)

Looks good so far, sculpt looks like he's frowning though.

/e Arms might be a tad too short, or the crotch is too low.
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cheers leviathan, actually pulled the pelvis down cause i thought it was too high but i'll make sure to fix it up when fitting him to the ut3 rig. And on the battlefield there's no time for not frowning >:{

currently at 7138 after mirroring stuff over, should be about the same after cutting his head up a little and throwing hair in... and i get sidetracked real easy, just 100% self illum on the diffuse atm, super early wip shot :P

edit: maya default lighting with my base high poly nrml map on down the bottom

12.jpg
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    new update, char is 8886 total with the pouch-ness vest (1730 vest, 7150 char). moving on to texturing and adjusted his proportions to fit denny's ut3 rig, head might be too small now, gotta check with hair once i make and place it :P

anyways, back to my building for now

17.jpg
  • Narodnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't think it's too common to have such thigh MOLLE setup without have a strap going upwards towards a combat belt/belt. IIRC I've seen some like that, but it's pretty stupid having your pistol that unsecured and a strap going up and under the shirt would tie him more together.

GJ on the composition of this soldier, looks good.
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey, cheers narodnik, looks like i dropped it somewhere along the way (same setup as my merc char), ill make sure to throw the vertical belt strap thing back in.

quick hair doodle. did the rest of his skin but ill go back in and add character to him later (scars, details, coolness)... or when i get bored, whichever comes first :\ (just got dom from gears in mind for hair atm)

18.jpg

*end spam*