Home Technical Talk

Mudbox difficulties from a MB n00bie

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Karmageddon polycounter lvl 7
I played with Mudbox trying to get the feel of it and had quite a few problems that seemed like they should be simple to fix and thought I'd ask here.

Hope it's not against any rules, but I have the questions also posted below the image of my quick sketch in another thread here and thought I might get my answers here instead (blue woman bust with third eye):
http://boards.polycount.net/showthread.php?t=54957&page=21

Why does the model get so hard to revolve around after so much time of playing in MB? Does the the camera focus get warped or something? How to fix that?

Is there a simple way to center the model in the view without "view through this camera"? I can't seem to adjust that camera. I need it where I can go to front view and then change that same view to perspective like I would in Max. Once I lose sight of the model in Perspective, game over it seems.

Why is it that when some of the meshes are hidden, locked, etc, I still paint over it? I want to paint her third eye and it goes all over her hair, mirror is turned off. This happens even if I move the eyeball "10 feet" from her head.

How do you clone meshes in Mudbox? Like a duplicate eyeball. Is that purely in Max kind of thing?

Thank you so much!

-Zilk

Replies