Home Technical Talk

is silo dead?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
just wondering, there hasn't been updates for months.

Replies

• ironbearxl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbearxl polycounter lvl 18
    Last news update was March 6th, says they're working on 2.2.

http://www.silo3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15993
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    I dunno. I kinda have the sinking feeling they aren't doing so hot. I love the app tho. I just wish the bugs got fixed, and a couple of my requested features got implemented.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea I'm worried, its a great app I'd hate to see them go under but I don't model enough to really fire it up all that often.
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    I model enough to fire it up every day and really don't want to see it go under :). It's useable for a good while yet, but it doesn't handle large meshes well and is moderately buggy so it'll have to go to pasture sooner or later without and update.

If they get a clean up patch out that addresses the most of the bugs, gets in rotation snaps and puts some basics into the scene editor it might be fine for a good few years yet. It is a joy to model with, but there are a fair few face palms with the bugs and basics that aren't there (ie: wouldn't a bend be handy).
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    kary wrote: »
    If they get a clean up patch out that addresses the most of the bugs, gets in rotation snaps and puts some basics into the scene editor it might be fine for a good few years yet. It is a joy to model with, but there are a fair few face palms with the bugs and basics that aren't there (ie: wouldn't a bend be handy).

absolutely agree with this. Learnt silo on the demo and bought it during dom war this year, its all Ive used for the modelling and zbrush for sculpting. I was hoping things are just silent over at nevercenter cause the guys are sooo busy adding those much needed features :D the pricepoint and features really places it just right for me and my needs, great app
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    yeah i used to use it a ton and still love it but after starting full time using max i really haven't had a chance to look back. sorta bummed about that actually but its just the way it has to be.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    I use it every day and will be VERY bummed out if anything bad happens. I've become reliant upon it for sure.
  • 3devo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3devo polycounter lvl 12
    NO - i remember seeing on the forums that there are only 3 guys in the company total. so yeah updates may take awhile (especially when all three of them went on holiday to australia a while back) also one of the guys does marketing so they're doin alright for such a small company.