Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Jwest new site

I recently created a new wordpress site for ease of updating and not having to work with dreamweaver.

I simplified it to show my best pieces.

I'm currently seeking employment as an environment artist/level designer, so I wanted it to be direct as possible.

Please check it out and let me know what you guys think.

www.jessewestart.com

Replies

• ArtsyFartsy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your site is very very nice. It's clean and easy to use, it has no inessential components, and your work is well ordered starting with the best stuff first.

There's nothing to pick on really, just keep working and applying and you should land a job in no time. For ease of use, you could move the .pdf version of your resume to the top of the page instead of the bottom where it is now.

In terms of improving your work, the older pieces have some low res textures, and the geometry is overly simplistic in cases, but the Halo jet clearly shows you are starting to get a better understanding of next gen workflow, and your skills have improved considerably.

The painted tree house is good, but could become even better with some normal and specular maps to accentuate the cracks and surface quality of the wood.
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    hey man nice stuff! i think most of your works decent but the one piece i would take out is that alley way it really brings the portfolio down. it looks really rushed like it was for an art test.

All your other work is excellent, my only suggestion is to get UT3 and start mapping and making scenes in that.
  • jwest
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the advice guys, both had very valid points, and you were right about the alley :P, but good call none the less.

Gonna keep pumping stuff out, and am really interested in finding a mod team to do some level designing and art for, seems like fun and a good experience.
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Hey, this mod called Fistful of Frags that I have done work for could use some people I think. Send them an email if your interested here is their webpage: http://www.fistful-of-frags.com/join.php