Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Graphic adventure: Fridericus II

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
thinkinmonkey polycounter lvl 15
Hi all,
finally I got green light to show you my works done for a local IT company. The link for the game site is: http://www.ideastudios.it/fii/
It's about an old style adventure but using some new modern tecniques and 3D!
Actually we have finished a demo version of the game, so what you'll watch couldn't be the final look, but we are satisfied with that.
In Characters and Gallery sections you can see my efforts: all three 3D characters and the three exteriors were modeled and textured with Blender and Gimp. The interior and character's animation have been done in 3DSMax.
Because the game has a funny tone with jokes and "strange" animations, we use a cartoon style for everything, you know, exagerating masses, colours and so on.
C&C are welcome.
Thanks for your time.

Replies

• snake85027
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snake85027 polycounter lvl 18
    You should take some of the images and post it up, instead of the site link.Might get more responses.

From what I saw in the Gallery shots I liked, I was just bothered because it looks like a mixture of real photos and hand painted textures. Going for something cartoony I just expect it all to be hand painted. I could be wrong. Looking good so far.
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    yes very hidden indeed- because the server responst was not so good here the gallery did not even showed up the first time for me.
    Post some screenshots here and you will get way more usefull responses
  • thinkinmonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thinkinmonkey polycounter lvl 15
    @Snake: thanks.
    About the mixture of real photos and hand painted, well, we used some textures as base then we used filters and handpainted retouches here and there to respect the deadline, so we got a compromise: because it's a demo, normally demos are disassembled pixel by pixel when the real production of the entire game starts, so our intention was to have something to let producers play at.

@Both: You're both right: I have to put images directly here, I'm waiting permission! ;)