Home Technical Talk

Cintiq has pop-up windows for modifier keys

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
foreverendering polycounter lvl 12
annoying.jpg

This is my first time using a cintiq 21ux, and for some reason everytime I hold down a modifier key (shift, ctrl, alt) I get a pop-up window like the one circled above telling me what I'm holding down.

It's really annoying when sculpting cause a lot of times the window gets right in the way of what im trying to look at. Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

I think it has to be the cintiq cause I don't get the pop-up on my lcd monitor.

Replies

• pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    If you are on vista this is usually caused by the OSs own pen ink stuff : writing recognition, weird tabletPC features, all that. You can try to disable everything by going to (from memory...):
    - control panel,
    - programs and features,
    - add and remove windows features (on the left panel)
    - tabletPC components.

(we did that last night on someone's machine at work, he was getting a weird rotating circle cursor under his stylus presses)
  • Kawe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kawe polycounter lvl 8
    hmm. I have tabletPC optional components off and it still shows up every now and then. not really annoying but it lags my games that I play in Windowed mode. it disappears if I ctrl+alt+del and go back to Windows though.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    pior wrote: »
    If you are on vista this is usually caused by the OSs own pen ink stuff : writing recognition, weird tabletPC features, all that. You can try to disable everything by going to (from memory...):
    - control panel,
    - programs and features,
    - tabletPC components.

(we did that last night on someone's machine at work, he was getting a weird rotating circle cursor under his stylus presses)

yup, definitely window's tablet stuff, it's all in the control panel.

it would do the circle thing and even lag your strokes and catch on the screen.. sooooo fucking annoying. just turn all that shit off like pior said, that's your culprit
  • rossco1111
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior wrote: »
    - control panel,
    - programs and features,
    - tabletPC components.

you are a legend!! That shit has been driving me mental!

• glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You can also try disabling the tabletpc service in the services window.
  • foreverendering
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    foreverendering polycounter lvl 12
    Thanks for the advice..

You're right, I'm on Vista 64. I just associated it with the cintiq cause I upgraded to the new OS at the same time I bought the cintiq. I guess the OS is to blame

I tried your solution but it still seems to be happening even after reboot. Maybe I didn't get everything turned off that needed to be. I'll take another look at it.

It's a minor annoyance, so I can live with it... but hopefully I can get it fixed

Thanks again