Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DMIV - 3D - Spug

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Spug polycounter lvl 12
So I decided to start and sign up for the Dom war, so here is what im goinna be modeling and such. Suppose to be a cyborg that is controlled by the baby that is being carried....not too sure if this works...and if not...ill go back to sketching. Nevertheless its so fun to draw...so yeah, here it is.

97461713.jpg

Replies

• 55joe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    really nice concept. i think the rules for cyborg say it has to be controlled by CPU. so if you say the baby is mech or something i guess it would work
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Spug! I haven't seen art from you in ages, always like your work.

This has charm, but post some thumbnails.
  • Spug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    joe: thanks dude, I have really thought out the character now, and it's backstory. I will post full backstory when i fully flush him out.

Suprore: Thanks man! Yeah, i have been very busy at work, not too much time to do personal art. I lost my thumb file...:(:( but I will whip more up for the acessories and such of this guy.

Here is the update...changed it so the baby has the most personality, with his eyes being the main focus. The robot has a lifeless feel, thus being controlled by the baby, and his actions. I also chose to hang the baby from his chest so the baby is suspended in air so the baby cyborg can act out the actions of in certain instances. Main weapon will be a huge baby bottle for range attacks and a large rattle as well...lol. Hope you all like it...moar coming SOOOOOOON......

24309148.jpg
  • Wicked-J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha, that's awesome man. The baby holder and the pacifier are cracking me up!
  • PeterK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeterK greentooth
    lol, love this concept, very cute.
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    Death babies for the win! Haha, great concept Spug, love the humor.

Spark
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Super awesome!! New robot looks awesome, but I liked the cockpit type baby-holder from the first version. Also, I think the robot's rounded popeye forearms were much cooler.
  • Spug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    Im having toooooo much fun with this.

95238968.jpg

Wicked: Thanks man, I was hoping for that reaction.

PeterK: Thanks dude!

Spark: For sure! Babies rule the earth man, they are like mini emperors being carted around...so why not in a post nuclear setting?!!!! LOL

Slum: Yeah i hear ya, I think i may go back and fine tune the origianl concept as well, My girl also liked the frist one better than the second...so we will see.

Thanks all for the comments!
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thats freakin great man. it will throw tantrums of tumultuous tragedy across the battlefield! and then sleep for 14 hours. the clothes pins are a great idea, i think you should definatly put one of the baby on board hazard signs up there as well. bottle gun rocks too. his only weakness is a pacifier! o like the baby backpack thats holding him on now, he looks a lil too exposed tho.

-Woog
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    really like this latest concept haha
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    You know, I think you're trying to out-ridiculous me. We can't have this.
  • vargot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    :D! I'll definitely keep an eye on your work! I like your style :thumbup:
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    hahahah awesome, one note though the baby is an easy target too kill, i would either make a shield around him or try to put him into the body of the robot :)
  • notebookguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This made me smile
  • James Edwards
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    James Edwards polycounter lvl 18
    Heheh love this stuff!
  • Belltann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Belltann polycounter lvl 17
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    haha this is awesome, for some strange reason I feel the whole thing would be a lot cooler if the baby was attached via duct tape. no idea y though 0_o
  • Spug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    Woog: Thanks so much, yeah he is exposed and needs to have some type of protection...we will see what i can come up with.

Ged: Thanks! :)

Slum: HAHAHAHA YEAH! We will have our own lil comp on the side...let the games begin!

Vargot: Thanks!

ae: I totally agree...maybe a baby bib that is made of kevlar or somthing...who knows...maybe a shield.

notebookguy, gwot, belltann: Thanks guys...glad you likes it!

Konstruct: hahahah duct tape...could do the trick...we will see what happens.

So i think i got it final for the front...the back and side will be done soon!

50618402.jpg

Edit:

So a lil thinking behind my concept...the milk is sour and will kill anything! One of the grossest things ive ever...he will have a baby rattle that will be used by his other arm as a melee weapon. His arms and legs will squash and strech so he will be very animateable...very cartoonish. Lights at the bottom will allow him to be able to see what he is walking on, and the steam outlets will be used to cool the robot. I plan on painting it very hand painted sytle, Baby bottle hand gernades will be used as well as a range attack, but for multiple enemies. I glad everyone likes where this is going, this is so much fun! CHEERS!