Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIV - 3D - Lazerus Reborn

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8
Hello Polycounters, Am new here but thats to be expected with the
Dom IV, Cant call myself a polycounter yet, seems hollow to me, to adoren a flag without proof of skill.

Anyho heres what am up to,
(this is probably the 40th version but am sorta lazy so i didnt scan them all in)

EleKa,/'/ Clearic
Menona/'/ Pet

At this point am up to painting them on a A2 canvas, thats why there
'cut 'in squared'

ugh still waiting on my wacom bamboo, takes forever to deliver, when i do get it though ill move into digital and finally get these concepts down.

On a leaving note,

I hope i can bolster our army in the upcomming events and actually prove myself worthy of the greentooth flag.

cheers cb

LAstest IMages /////////////////////////////////////////////////

afteramth.jpg
aftermath.jpg
Untitled-4-1.jpg
menoa.jpg

Replies

• wake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wake polycounter lvl 17
    Glad to have you on board!

You mentioned that what you've posted is ~40th version of your design-- I know it can be a pain to scan but it'd be interesting to see your original point of departure and any dead ends in the design process. Also, keep sketching; while 2 months isn't a huge amount of time to work on this project, it's enough to offer yourself the luxury of a little extra exploration before settling on a design. Extra work now will pay dividends by the end of the project.

Looking forward to seeing what you post next...
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heres what ive done since the start date,

1-11.jpg
    18hume.jpg
    Meca16.jpg

elmenonaoriginalpaint.jpg

This is Eleka and Menoa, i did these two last night at about 12,-ish and finished both at about 1ish

meca13.jpg

heres all of em lol :)

There was no real work flow as you can see, I dot around different images and if i like the idea ill repeat it in more detail, It works great since i just through out all the skecths, paintings on the floor and walls and i turn my room into a brainstorm. Quite alot of these are off the top of my head, or some vivid memory that is a ghost to me, so i drew them to stop them vanishing. Its amazing what details you can remeber when contemplating lol. A few i looked at reference pics jsut to see the flow.

I developed the Hume idea the most, Although i really liked the meca approach so i did that in my spare time.

IF you want or need any of the sketchs blow up just ask, sorry for the huge page usage but well you did ask for it,

Before i forget, this is only the half finished pics, the tumbs, full meca, full hume pics are well sitting there, but there mine to keep :)

As you can tell, i didnt scan them in, i merely took photos and threw them into the brainstorm pages.
    cheers cb
  • notebookguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You have made a lot of stuff keep going
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heres a quick update on where i am,

Photo-0213.jpg
    Photo-0214.jpg

Aftermath, Will be the enchanted weapon, Who says Clearics should have scrawny weapons, after all a healer can turn the tide of the war, so should they not be well defended?

Heres a render of what am up to,
    01-3.jpg

Not exactly how i pictured it, but at 780 polys you cant really complain, I still got to polycrunch it yet, The tassels, and material bandages look stiff like rods,but the normal and texture should sort them out.

Ive noticed you cant get in here 3-4 ish o'clock seems weird, is it the recruit whirl or something like that where everyone just logs in overloading the severs...
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thought i would post where am upto so far,

Am aiming to be able to total just under 5k of polies for everything, I know you should use the full 10k but it is for a game engine and it should help this piece of crap i call i computer render it. Still missing essential parts for my main, They where 'Lost' in the post, Who posts freakin £400 of equipment// slap // just stop myself before i rant.

Menona//1,244 polys so far, I still got to fix up some armour and a saddle, but other than that it flows pretty well,, some minor issues with the tail, am not sure whether or not to place armour on it, so its sort of a stump atm.

Ive Scraped Eleka, mainly because of time,( I treat topolgy like a child, one freakin babystep at a time)
    The reason for this is that i have a art exam which is 15 hours long over 3 days, in complete silence, no mp3s, nothing.
    But we do get 3 breaks, 1 hour each, every 5 hours. :poly127:
    Fun...:poly141:

01-4.jpg

Because of Prep and other exams i now must considerably shorten my schedule.
    Aint it just a kick in the teeth...

So far though I can keep on top of it since the weapon and most of menona is done, i have some sketchs of what i want to replace Eleka with, Am goin use a cheating way and use, A material drees type deal, and have a Nice greentooth mask over the face lol, so theres most of the fine topology tuning out of the way.

Ill keep this updated as often as i can
    cheers cb
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heres the update on Menoa, I though he anit complete i thought that it would be a nice update, seems like i havent worked on this in weeks.

I flew through the art exam so now i have a little free time without spending 8 hours a week on that. just started to really use zbrush, never new it was this good!
    so heres the update image anyways.
    soory for the cursor, am still not too sure how to take true renders.

menoa.jpg

Update.////

Heres AfterMath,

afteramth.jpg
    aftermath.jpg
    Its going to have a orgre breed green face, :poly118: i thought it'd nice lol

cheers cb, oh ill update the first post aswell
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A change of heart has brought me to rebuild Eleka, menoa, and scrap aftermath.

go figure lol,

heres what i have do far,

'Veros Marcova'
    Fate bringer, nice thouch eh?

07-2.jpg
    Untitled-3-2.jpg
    Untitled-4-2.jpg

new streamlined Menoa, I want him to be able to be fast, jump long distances ect, main sake is the sprint, injuries don't wait for you to cross the field, =p

new looks aside am nearly done eleka, her armour set is in seperate parts, again movement, although the chest and back plates are quite chunky the arms have minmal sets,

heres the pic i finally put together of the final set,
    54-1-1.jpg

some feedback on thoughts, ideas would be nice, am swinging in the dark here on my own set,

lol am know am new but am not completly invisible? :)
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow, i guess i am invisible lol

eleka.jpg

heres the latest render anyways

cheers cb