Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIV - 3D - SupRore

Joseph Silverman
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
Went ahead and started on a head sculpt for a Demon Prince -- want a more aristocratic, high society looking character. I want as good of a concept as possible, but i'd rather pick something and keep momentum than kick myself for not being creative enough, so i'm gonna roll with this.

Link

Will post up some concepts for his body over the weekend. My main priority in this competition is to finish something.

LATEST

y07n.jpg

Replies

• Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Cool stuff man, as I said already. I think you definitely have the feeling of "aristocrat" here, more intelligent than physically intimidating. Can't wait to see more.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some thumbnails i did a couple of days ago -- i may edit more into this post later if i get around to photographing or scanning in my sketchbook pages.

2ep584w.jpg

they had the issue of all looking a bit the same, gonna try and keep from falling into that again as i move onto the design of the body for this character.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Woahh, got busy with other things.

Updates!

Concepting

oa6tr8.jpg

Gonna work from this. Needs a cape. Wielding a canesword and silly but obligatory demon shadow powers.

Some other ideas i decided not to pursue

15dxd8z.jpg

Modeling
    1zew9qr.jpg

tweaked some proportions and fixed some things, spinning my wheels until i retopo.

Todo
    - Cape!
    - Weapon details!
    - Basemesh!
    - Retopo'd head (it's a sphere atm) and finished head sculpt.
    - Highpoly.
    - Color concepts?

Crits appreciated guys!
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    okay concept sux, update.

y07n.jpg