Home General Discussion

Wolfenstein on GTTV friday!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Slum polycounter lvl 18
Hey everyone.. just a heads up, this friday's episode of GameTrailers TV on Spike is entirely about Wolfenstein.

I've been working on this for nearly two years now. Its awesome to see all the magazines and TV stuff. There are quite a few polycounters on the team here, so show your support of the greentooth and check it out :)

I believe the show is put on gametrailers.com afterward for those of you who cant get it on TV.

Official info:

This Friday night, check out GameTrailers TV with Geoff Keighley on Spike for the exclusive first-ever look at the new Wolfenstein in action. This half-hour special features the World Premiere of a brand new trailer, a first-look at one of the game's bosses, loads of exclusive gameplay footage, your first look at cut-scenes and interviews with members of id Software & Raven Software. Check out GTTV, Friday night at 1 AM Eastern/Pacific on Spike TV. (Airs at 10 PM Pacific on DirecTV).

Replies

• Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    woot! congrats yo.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Cool, will check it out, though probably have to download it after as that will be about 6am here hehe.
  • Junkie_XL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Junkie_XL polycounter lvl 14
    congrats. I'll have to download it later...is Spike on Basic 2? I only pay for Basic 1 thru my cable provider.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    No sexy leather clad Nazi chicks, no care!!!!

Fingers crossed, I want the awesome multiplayer from RTCW, with a COD style leveling system! :D
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Woot! looks like it's up early.

http://www.spike.com/full-episode/wolfenstein/31058

Also, there are some cool bits from Wanted in there. I believe a handful of polycounters worked on that project too!
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    "Sorry, Wolfenstein is not available."

:(
  • ArtsyFartsy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yay! I have huge hopes for this one. I was a hardcore fan of the original.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Aww darn, just heard they pulled it down till tomorrow morning.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    I have zero hopes for the SP after everything I've seen, sadly... But as long as the MP is up to par with the original RtCW (and not ET) then its an instant buy for me!
  • ArtsyFartsy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium wrote: »
    I have zero hopes for the SP after everything I've seen, sadly... But as long as the MP is up to par with the original RtCW (and not ET) then its an instant buy for me!

blah,

ET was what that game was supposed to be from the beginning. Sorry but I'm not going to sit here and have one of my favorites games of all time criticized.

You must be one of those old school straight up deathmatch lovers.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Not really, I just thought ET brought a lot of needless additions that made the game a hell of a lot worse. To each his own I suppose. I know a lot of people that swear by ET, and a lot that swear by VW.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Aren't there waaaay more people playing ET online than RTCW? I think you're in the minority there, odium... I'm not saying RTCW MP was bad, but to describe ET as "a hell of a lot worse" is purely a matter of opinion, one of which you're outnumbered on.

Either way, if it's an improvement on ET for the multiplayer then it should be good fun, I am not sure about the SP, the screenshots/media I've seen so far are not very convincing. Maybe the story will be good.

Some of the shots of the MP player models on the new site are just dire.
  • Murdoc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Murdoc polycounter lvl 11
    I liked both versions of the MP, the original mp in return was pretty cool for its time then a few years later I tried ET and it was cool too.

Not really sure of the direction the SP is going though...
  • Seaseme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seaseme polycounter lvl 8
    Please have the beach invasion multiplayer map. That's one of my all time favorite experiences in multiplayer games.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    All hope is lost...

No coop? They are fucking RETARDED.

Changing the MP elements so it includes the Vale...? WTF is this shit, it shouldn't even be in the game anyway it looks so pathetic...

And why does BJ look and sound like a mix between a retard and Fonzi...?

Jesus, this games dropped totally off my radar now...
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Eh, I thought the Vale looked fairly good. Not entirely sure how it will play, but it worked nicely in Clive Barker's Undying so I think it might be alright.

Some of the environments look pretty cool too, and in general I like the effects. Was it just me, or were none of the monsters casting shadows? I hardly noticed anything...

Agree BJ looks/sounds even more generic than last time. Him and the guy from Uncharted Drake's Fortune are 100% interchangeable generic-hero-man now. Really saddening, IMHO, it's like he has no character.
  • kat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kat polycounter lvl 17
    I'd really rather a drop on uber quality texture wise to allow more "stuff" to be on screen. I'm pleasantly surprised by the clip, it all looks so much better in motion than the shots that have been released so far.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Yep kat that's what I thought too. I was distinctly unimpressed by all the still screenshots released so far, but seeing it all in motion does it more justice.
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    Watched the GTTV segment today and some stuff looked pretty cool, like when the monster came out of the portal and fucked the nazi duder up.

I agree on BJ looking sooo bland and boring though, I hate it when devs go for the "every man" so he is more identifiable with the player, that seems to be a cop out for not having a defined personality.

My thoughts on the vale stuff, meh, doesnt really do it for me, feels kinda like they needed something to try to seperate themselves from the average 1st persona shooter but didnt quite get it, plus the real world shots look way better than the greeny vale stuff i think.

when I first say screens from this I thought it was from RtCW. you guys are right, it looks far better in motion.

Im not really excited for it, just am dog tired of shooting mp40s and dark ww2 bombed out towns.
  • ArtsyFartsy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's just a little slimy. It's still good! It's still good!
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Looks exciting, I never got to play Return to Castle Wolfenstein because my computer couldn't handle it at the time. Pretty cool that you guys incorporated the weird Black Sun cult, I saw a documentary on it recently and thought it interesting that it hadn't appeared in any games/movies.
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have GT TV set to DVR all new episodes, and I go back and browse them all...

I will try to watch this sooner then I normally do, I really do not understand why I do it. I let my DVR build up like 6 months worth of shows, and what I am watch them marathon style. Most of what I am seeing already been released and I have played it...but I watch it cause of all the dev talk.

I typed all of that stuff out before reading that the link was up there am watching now...

Looks good, and so does wanted. The Vale system is bad? How? So what, you have something else to do while your running around shooting people, other then running around and shooting people.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Yea BJ looks dull as hell character design wise. Hopefully the story turns out decent. Veil stuff...don't even know what to think about with that...they describe it as an alternate reality when it really just looks like you go into bullet time and the your vision is altered. Great looking game though, I want the multiplayerrrrrr!
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Obviously, I'm not allowed to talk about anything or answer any of your questions here... In fact, even saying I'm not allowed to say anything may be saying too much.

So, I'll have to leave it at that..

I can say, thanks for the feedback and checking out the show, everyone. :)
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    watched the feature on Gametrailers, I really like the look of the levels they have a lot of atmosphere and some of the effects are really nice. The gameplay looks standard gun and gun, the vale system seems interesting, but i could see it being overly used in map design or multiplayer. It looks a lot like signularity :) not having co-op is kind of sad, since so many games have it now, but if the multiplayer plays as good as cod4, it will have a good following.

I'll rent it first, if it impresses me I'll buy it. Great work everyone who worked on it!
  • michi.be
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    michi.be polycounter lvl 17
    This is the first Wolfenstein i will not play. the graphic looks old and the textures seemed to be made by a plugin.

I know its WIP so I can only judge it from the movies.

the game idea seemd to be solid. but thats the only thing i can be positive about at the moment. :(

I loved rtcw. did 3 maps for it. was very involved into the community. i really waited for it over one year and was exited about the game and graphics back into 2002. but this time i have the feeling theres just another action-game with some zombies to shoot at.
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    I only played RTCW. Never bothered with the SP (There weren't many Single Player FPS campaigns I'd played back then, as it was ALWAYS about MP for me).

I'd have to agree with Seasame. Beach Invasion Map was frickin steller.