Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIV - 3D - Oobersli

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
oobersli polycounter lvl 17
Using this as an excuse to work on my hard surface modeling, so I'm going the huge robot machine of death route.

Played around with the idea all day, going to move onto another idea and see which I like best.

This one is just the quad legged spider like robo killin machine. In the middle it holds up a robot corpse with a monitor that proudly displays the greentooth image in the 80's sci-fi computer font jumbo.

Thinking I might try something that hovers for the other one.

As always, any crits, complaints, ideas is always welcomed. Even if i dont listen to them or use them constructivly. :)

concept1.jpg

Replies

• notebookguy
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    concept2.jpg

Ok.... so I'm thinking I like the hover idea better. I was going to go with the idea of robotic soldiers that use these pods to fly in like a transport. This particular guy may have lost his lower half in transport and instead of detaching and dieing.. he chose to stay attach and become a massive swooping unit of death!

Attached arm blades later on and now he dives in to hack away at the enemy with hand cannons as well. :)

I just came up with the backstory so its prolly due to change since I just pulled that outta my ass.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Now, how about that actually being the attack mechanism? The craft flies in, bombs, lasers, all that shit, and then when it comes across enemy troops it bungee bombs 2 or 3 robot deathmachines out the bottom?