Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIV - 3D - Yozora

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Yozora polycounter lvl 11
Zeyavi - Demon Princess (Darkness)

Latest Update: 30/03/09

dw4_concept7.jpg

Just playing around with random shapes in alchemy.
Leaning towards demon princess or cyborg.

dw4_concept1.jpg

Replies

• Scrumpy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    very nice, like the top right and bottom left.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Top right looks hot!
  • NyneDown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NyneDown polycounter lvl 11
    Son ma ma bitcH! I need to download this Alchemy. Top right is my fav.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Kinda like looking at Rorschach ink blots.

They're all pretty interesting, but the two on the left are grabbing me the most. The top one has a real sense of motion - a big beastie leaping , into combat, head down limbs trailing behind.
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the comments, that was just mainly playing with alchemy alone. Now I played with it some more, made like 100 random shapes and refined 28 of them in photoshop!

dw4_concept2.jpg
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    1, 24 and 27 are my favorites as theyre still pretty mysterious - and cloaks / floating things look badass. I feel you lost some of the crazyness of your initial loose silouettes in this recent batch.
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmm yea I figured the craziness only really works in 2D and will be hard to translate into a 3D model :/
    Personally I can see myself expanding on 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 13, 19, 20, 21, 24 and 25.

Think I might go ahead and just work on all of those ;o
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    4-11-19 look good to me. Only 19 is on your expand list though, so what do i know :P
  • coldkodiak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    coldkodiak polycounter lvl 17
    24 and 25 are cool. 7 has been done before, but it works.
  • MagicSugar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MagicSugar polycounter lvl 10
    Bad ass silhouettes! Subscribing to see which one you'll develop further.

• Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    coldkodiak wrote: »
    24 and 25 are cool. 7 has been done before, but it works.

hmm really? :( Do you have a link to whoever done this just so I can see if I seen it before and unconsciously copied it?
    That was one I was planning to work on more, but I guess not anymore :p

Anyway I've combined several of them to make 3 final ideas;

dw4_concept3.jpg

#1 is a water elemental demon princess. Might give her some horns as well.
    #2 is meant to be some kinda armored knight guy with a skirt/kilt of some sort. Too much cloth to be a machine, might get rid of the skirt and replace it with some metal armor in a shape of a skirt like something from gundam.
    #3 is some tramp-like (dirty, hippy, whatever) magical norm (haven't decided race) with messy hair
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    You know, 7 actually reminds me of your demon hunter model that you worked on like during may last year or something (I remember it because I've been working on my disertation at that time).

Numver 2 looks interesting from these new ones. Does he have like, a double set of wings on each side? They look strange aka cool.
  • SyncViewS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SyncViewS polycounter lvl 13
    Hi Yozora,
    your concepts are really cool, and I like the presentation style as well. My favourites are 9 (has a lot of potential with half fluctuating body) and 27 (can look really powerful with huge armor and shoulder pads) from the second set, and 2 (like the wing work and mass) from third set.
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the comments

yea t4pan #7 does actually kind of resemble my demon hunter :p

#2 is meant to have different wings yes

I worked on #1 some more for now, just had some ideas to turn her into some summoner with some pets and stuff. Will try to work on the other 2 some more tonight.

dw4_concept4.jpg
  • Del
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    ~ Seeing as how you wanted to step up to me as a rival; don't let me down by not finishing
    Wanna see some more updates
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pff dont worry, I'll finish!

Started out coloring some bits in. Dont like the hair and its missing the thing that is around her neck (whatever it is)
    The color of the little demon thing will be very dark navy (almost black) and its cloak will be just navy I think. Or brown.

And I got rid of the manta ray, too big and will take up too much texture space :(

dw4_concept5.jpg

bah I suck at drawing :/ maybe I should just jump straight into 3D instead

edit; dont like this direction either, gonna work on the other 2 ideas
  • kayDee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I quite like number 7! :P and number 5 has some interesting shapes to it like a spikey dynamic samurai. Think the new sketches of number 1 need some more definite shape to them. Her posture needs to be a bit more dynamic maybe?

Nice work though!
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    working some more on #3, even though this looks nothing like it right now! the cloth will be torn and stuff. Its going to be a human earth elemental invoker.

I wanted to keep the weapon but it looked too sharp and like a weapon used for attacking, but the clothiness makes her look more invoker-ish. Didnt make much sense to give a sharp bladed weapon to an invoker so replaced it with a swirling ball of energy that will have alpha mapped leaves and bits of dirt swirling around.

The hair will also be alpha mapped, this thing I have now is just a very quick messy extrusion thing to block in the shape.

dw4_concept6.jpg

The white bits are going to be very worn/torn bandage wraps

But I dont like the weapon much so I might go back to the sharp bladed one, and just have the swirling leaves around her whole body instead
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok decided to go back to demon princess again! Changing to darkness element instead of ice though

dw4_concept7.jpg

I'm not so sure about those bandage wraps everywhere, might change them to some more dress-y clothing to match the rest of the outfit more.