Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: ColinR

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
ColinR polycounter lvl 9
I've been planning to make a sketchbook for a while now, so here it is.

Hopefully having this here will make me post up my work more often (which I can say there is a lack of my work here) and at the same time be able to get some crits and see what I'm doing wrong or whether to carry on making the progress that I am.

Currently got two pieces I want to post up and looking for critique mostly on the modular building.

Modular_apartment_1.jpg
Modular_apartment_1_texturesheet.jpg

Wondering if this piece is portfolio ready, although I feel it could do with some additions like pipes and some more graffiti on the lower wall. Showing the diffuse only there currently to show layout and what I've tiled.

Oldshed_scene.jpg

Old Shed Scene - Originally this piece started from creating a slightly damaged wall (which is shown), and then from there I decided to make more of a scene out of it. So went on to make a slightly damaged gate along with the shed.

Looking back now I feel the wall could really do with some more work......or to actually be replaced. Just looks wrong having the middle fall away and the form of it all together look pretty much like a box, feel if I go back I'd need to make this again and for it to look more organic.

As you may have noticed I put these scenes in the eat3D environment, not sure whether it would be deemed OK to do this?

Thanks for checking out the start of my sketchbook anyway. Hopefully I'll continue to post more work in here over time. :)

Replies

• A.Kincade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A.Kincade polycounter lvl 9
    The shed scene looks really nice. The lighting turned out well with it. There are some seem issues with the outside walls, near the top.

As for the modular building, looks really good. Good use of variety in windows and such. Roof trim turned out nice. Could dirty up bottom texture of building and add some graffiti like you have on the door. The area around the door seems a little odd to me though.

Good pieces overall. Keep up the good work.

AK
  • xpressionist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some good work Colin, like AK said above, nice having the varied windows in the first model. I like the lighting with the shed piece, kinda graveyard like. The top of the walls needs fixing, but other than that good stuff..
    (from an old 3d animation herts buddy, grad class '09 :D)