Home General Discussion

the uncrackable

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
found this on piratebay: UNCRACKABLE!!! haha.

removed the link because of violations of polycount rules:
Steel Beasts Pro PE

Here it is- an ISO of the most realistic modern tank simulator known to mankind. Only one problem- A WIBU-Systems Codemeter USB dongle is required. Codemeter has not been cracked, as far as I know.

If you're a moron who would rather download a backup copy of your SB PRO PE rather than make one yourself, then this is a worthwhile torrent. If you're looking to pirate the sim, well... crack the damn Codemeter, or find some workaround... but be warned: the best of the best from around the world have tried and failed. A total of 4 hacker's contests have been held by the manufacturer, and all attempts have failed, year after year.

Either way, here it is.

Comments

scaz at 2008-06-12 20:14 CET:
Thanks for posting this.

I've been wanting this for a long time, but $125 (yes, $125!) is too steep for a video game for me. I suppose if I were in the military and needed it for training it would be worth it.

Hopefully someone will crack it someday.

sieben at 2008-06-14 16:39 CET:
hell kamrat, vad

Replies

• rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    im not sure i get it
  • |Buddy|
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    |Buddy| polycounter lvl 11
    OL... he did seed it.

Can't you read? YOU CAN'T CRACK IT. PERIOD.

People have been offered BIG money to crack this, by the manufacturer. IT WON'T HAPPEN.

Stop bitching. There's no point in him seeding it. NONE.
    lol
  • r13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r13 founder
    there should be no links posted to pirated stuff on polycount. I'm not stupid enough to think that this doesn't goes on, but this site cannot endorse it in anyway shape or form including turning a blind eye.

I also realize the legal status of this particular item is questionable, but I'm going to come down on the side of being conservative and just say no.

As always, you can have a ball with your pirated stuff, just don't do it in polycount. kthx.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heh, i'm a developer for this game :P
    its protected by a dongle. and this just proves that dongles are UNBREAKABLE!!!!
    take that all you dongle-hating naysayers.

deleted the link, and posted quotes instead.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster wrote: »
    im not sure i get it

A WIBU-Systems Codemeter USB dongle is required. Codemeter has not been cracked, as far as I know.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    tbh, computer games should have a dongle like this for their authenticity checks.

oh and dejawolf... there are several dongle based security systems which ARE crackable. so to say: "its protected by a dongle. and this just proves that dongles are UNBREAKABLE!!!!" is pretty stupid. steinbergs cubase used to have a dongle protection system, and so did protools. but both of them gave up when the dongles were being bypassed by crackers.

there's no such thing as a "foolproof" or "unbreakable" system. if there's a lock, there's always a key to that lock. and if there's a key there's a way to forge it. just because it's hard to the point of extreme, doesn't mean it's impossible.

finally. you're making yourself out to look like a cunt. just thought i should let you know, that the "i work for these guys, here's a big post showing how we can leak stuff to people that they can't ever touch without giving us moneys" thing, just makes you look that way ;)
  • glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I seem to remember either maya or max (I think it was max?) used to have dongle copy-protection, but they ditched it ages ago. Pretty sure this is in the discreet days.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

finally. you're making yourself out to look like a cunt.

well that certainly gave me a deja vu.
    maybe i should try and work on those social skills of mine.

imo, games should be either on a tiny protected dongle, or distributed digitally.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    max had a dongle Ive still got the thing lying around someplace..
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18

finally. you're making yourself out to look like a cunt. just thought i should let you know, that the "i work for these guys, here's a big post showing how we can leak stuff to people that they can't ever touch without giving us moneys" thing, just makes you look that way ;)

Saying that kinda made you look like a cunt ;) (jk. but seriously. but not really. but yea.)
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    glib wrote: »
    I seem to remember either maya or max (I think it was max?) used to have dongle copy-protection, but they ditched it ages ago. Pretty sure this is in the discreet days.

XSI used to, for sure.

as for what i look like when i post something like that. i know. i just wanted to make sure you knew, too.
  • cep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cep polycounter lvl 18
    aesir wrote: »
    Saying that kinda made you look like a cunt ;) (jk. but seriously. but not really. but yea.)

It really does, nothing wrong with bragging about working on a game that is tough to crack.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Photoshop used a dongle back in the day too. So did Lightwave. Never stopped them getting circumvented and pirated up the proverbial wahzoo.
  • robioto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    robioto polycounter lvl 18
    Lets turn all video games and content creation software into subscription based mmos that will make them impossible to crack!
  • jrs100000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jrs100000 polycounter lvl 8
    It would be great for open source and smaller startups if piracy could be stopped.

For example, Adobe knows that PS is heavily pirated but does very little to stop it (not that they really could even if they wanted to), which kills the market for mid/low end 2d software and prevents any potential competitors from gaining traction. All those people who think they need PS in order to add text to funny pictures of their cats might think again if they actually had to drop a couple grand for it.

Same for Microsoft. The pirated Windows market share is almost as large as the legitimate one, but if MS somehow closed that down (and it looks like they can already detect and disable pirated copies through their update service) Linux would double or triple its user base overnight, doubly so in emerging markets. If that happened other companies would start writing applications for Linux and after a while the only reason to use Windows would fade away.

Anyway, its not going to happen any time soon.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well, on the wibu stick you can have multiple licences, so theoretically, you could hold all the licenses for your games and programs on one wibu stick.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    did someone just say Wibu?
  • Jeremy Wright
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
    rooster wrote: »
    did someone just say Wibu?

'Cause I think I just heard someone say Wibu.

Lord, I love PBF.