Home General Discussion

David Letterman tonight (1/30/09) Bill Hicks stuff

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
bearkub polycounter lvl 18
I just heard, so sorry for the late notice passing it on, but I heard through a friend that tonight on David Letterman, Mary Hicks, Bill Hicks' mom is going to be on the show. Also on the show tonight, they are going to air the bit that Bill Hicks did for Letterman a long time ago that got pulled at the very last minute. If you know any history about Bill Hicks, you should know about this story.

[EDIT] this link explains the above story: http://www.konformist.com/2000/bill-hicks.htm

If you are a Hicks fan, this should be well worth checking out. I haven't verified this anywhere, so stay up and watch Letterman at your own risk. :)

Replies

• Waz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Waz polycounter lvl 17
    I love Bill Hicks stuff, but man I hate Letterman. I'll have to get the episode later or hopefully someone puts it up on youtube or something. Quote from Hicks:
    I was in Nashville, Tennesee last year. After the show I went to a Waffle House. I'm not proud of it, I was hungry. And I'm alone, I'm eating and I'm reading a book, right? Waitress walks over to me: "<smack smack smack smack> Hey, whatchoo readin' for?"

Isn't that the weirdest fucking question you've ever heard? Not what am I readING, but what am I reading *for*? Well, godammit, ya stumped me! Why do I read? Well... hmmm... I dunno... I guess I read for a lot of reasons, and the main one is so I don't end up being a fucking waffle waitress.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Wow, it is sad to constantly hear and see what this country has censored, Bill Hicks was awesome, and after reading that transcript, its hard to imagine that material of his being so bad, especially by today's standup comedy standards and ESPECIALLY for a late night talk show. When are the prude idiots in charge of this going to stop making decisions on what we as adults should be able to see? Leave the censorship to the parents and any adult who can't handle such material, just switch the station or turn it off.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    I have to say, it was worth seeing. It was nice to see David Letterman take full responsibility for everything and apologize...several times...to Bill's mother. It was also really nice to see the clip in full and uncut.