Home General Discussion

Rage (long post)

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Marnik polycounter lvl 8
NOT ABOUT THE GAME! NO COOL PICTURES! NO FEATURES! NO COMMENTARY!

So I'm at work right now, and just a few short moments ago I decided that surfing polycount on my employer's time was getting me quite parched. Naturally, I decide it's time for me to take a trip to the vending machine and get something to quench my thirst. I take out $1.25 in quarters and insert the first quarter only to hear the metallic clank. You know the one, it sounds kind of like the machine saying "f$&* you!" and laughing a little bit... I try again and push a little harder, and twice this machine curses me in its funny change-based lingo. Aggitated by the incredibly slow morning the the urge to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, I pull out my wallet and take the only bill I have left. After checking nefariously to make sure little Lincoln's head was facing the right way, I smoothed out the bill and inserted it. The little red LED read $5.00 and I smiled.

Everything was good.

With a childlike smile I hurridly pushed the little white button under the advertised bottle of Sprite, the machine starts churning, I could hardly wait for my reward of a long morning's "work." After a few suspenseful seconds with nothing happening, I look at the friendly LED who is now counting down my $5 by the quarter. I thought nothing of it until it went down past $1.50.

Naturally I panicked and hit the Coin Return button like I had tourettes and was quite possibly seizing. Nothing.

My five dollars was reduced to nothing and no sprite ever came. Had I not been so thirsty I would've cut my losses and walked away, but that just wasn't the case... I step to the machine adjacent and I insert what's left of my revenue, 5 quarters, 2 of which were depressed due to their recent rejection from the aforementioned machine of the devil. Unsure of what to get or even what the choices were, I simply pressed my entire hand on the number pad and moved it around franticly. Much to my liking this machine spits out an iced tea.

"What took you so long?" a coworker asked as I walked back into the office, my emotional and physical fatigue evident from the battle at hand (which I, no doubt, surely lost). Without a word I straightened my arm, revealing the $6.25 iced tea I had just been through metaphorical hell (not nearly as bad as the real thing) to get. He smiled a little bit, I cocked my head to the side as to ask "What in the name of all that is f***ing holy are you talking about!?".

"you used the vending machine on the left, didn't you?"

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Moral of the story: Don't leave polycount... ever

All that being said, recent little stories like this that aren't really that bad and just happened at the wrong time are more than welcome. Anything that recently made you swell with rage or just any unfortunate events, please post them ^_^

Replies