Offline / Send Message
jmiles interpolator
a sword design for future modelin'... very WIP

swordsketchkf6.gif

Replies

• sicsided
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got a nice dark look to it. The spines on that stick out near the handle look like they could get in the way of the user's hand/arm. Possibly shortening them could clear that up. Also near the tip of the blade is that sudden cut off of the middle. Will it be thick on the blunt side?

Might not make any sense what I'm saying right now, tired X( ...
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok first off, like the concept so far. the blade definatly has an interesting silhouette to it. however, i dont feel that some of the elements lead into each other very well. the blade and the cap of the hilt seem very consistnant, but the grip looks wrapped which kind of breaks with the craftsmanship of the blade. and while the blade has a chaotic edge, i dont think that theorganic part at the hilt matches it right now. might try replacing the wrapped hilt with either a studded wood type hilt, or an organic type to match the organic piece of the blade. also it would be nice to see a little transition from the organics to the steel. just play around with it. like the drop point blade neat edges too.

-Woog
  • jmiles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmiles interpolator
    hey all.. had a chance to sit down and work on this some more.. still needs a bit of love, but crits are always appreciated.. peace

swordsketchec1.png
  • Talbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That thing must be heavy...

Looks good though... keep it up.
  • jeramy79
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmiles wrote: »
    hey all.. had a chance to sit down and work on this some more.. still needs a bit of love, but crits are always appreciated.. peace

swordsketchec1.png

Did you do this in Photoshop?
  • jmiles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmiles interpolator
    yes... started w/ a silhouette and then worked in the form