Home Technical Talk

How to convert modifier set buttons into smaller icons?

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Yozora polycounter lvl 11
For 3d max, im sure a lot of you have a custom modifier set under the modifier list. They are long rectangular boxes with text on them, is there any way to convert these into little buttons, similar to the ones on the toolbars? I have 4 rows of buttons in there when it could only be taking up 1 row.

Replies

• commander_keen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    commander_keen polycounter lvl 18
    you mean your dragging a "<ModifierName> Modifier" macro from the Customize User Interface onto a part of the UI? Most of them have icons, but I guess you talking about 3rd party Modifiers which might not. You can right click on the added buttons and select "Edit Button Appearance" and select an icon.
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nope, im talking about this:

modifier_max.jpg

1 solution is to delete the whole modifier shortcut thing and just put them on my main toolbar. But this solution will actually decrease the amount of screen space since it will make my little main toolbar box grow bigger. I want the modifiers to stay in the modifier tab, and be small icons.
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmmm yes good point. My default quads is quite packed with a bunch of custom stuff already so I put the modifiers on the Ctrl+RMB Quad and have more space for more lesser-used modifiers, much better now, thanks for the suggestion!