Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Joseph

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Mistry10 polycounter lvl 8
Heys guys !
I'm starting my second character design, and here is what i have right now.
Wires_3.jpg

Replies

• Harry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry polycounter lvl 13
    was expecting a 2000 year old jew

disappointed

but seriously, what's the story behind it, what's your intention, etc etc. More info plx
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Yeah, Like Harry said, I need some references or something to give crits.
    At the moment though, he looks pretty stiff. He could use more curves in the spin and such from the side view, also it looks like the legs and arms might be too short with how long your torso is.
    Keep at it.
  • Mistry10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    was expecting a 2000 year old jew

disappointed

but seriously, what's the story behind it, what's your intention, etc etc. More info plx
    Well my first intention is to make a model that is a little more complex then my last one. About the character it self. I wanted to create an armored warrior, i was inspired by the army in the Wrath of the Lich king trailer. So, the character will have a lot of damaged/scratched up amour (as if he was in multiple wars) but he is a solider(warrior) and not a commander. As for the details,i'll be taking this into zbrush and adding engravings on the inside of the armour (kinda like the ones on the ring, from lord of the rings) .As for the colors there will be a lot of dark cold blues and browns for the armour.
    Yeah, Like Harry said, I need some references or something to give crits.
    At the moment though, he looks pretty stiff. He could use more curves in the spin and such from the side view, also it looks like the legs and arms might be too short with how long your torso is.
    Keep at it.

Thanks for the advice !
    i'll be sure to fix the chest and back armour to better fit the body.
  • Mistry10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here is the final model, there are some minor things ti change/fix.
    Wires_4.jpg
  • Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    I think the legs are still a bit short, it might just be because of the loin cloth, but i'd make them longer anyway.