Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

two heads

I did these two heads for animation magazines' "face2face" contest. one is a high poly realistic female head and the other low poly stylized.

hipolyface2face.png

lopolyface2face.png

Replies

• t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    I like your low poly head, the high poly is good as well, but not very uh what's the word... It's a bit generic - and the jaw on that chick is a bit massive.

That said, you should probably make the ears pop out a bit more, especially the top part.
  • LEViATHAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LEViATHAN polycounter lvl 11
    Just because something is "stylized" doesn't mean that you don't have to follow basic anatomy. IMO of course. :shifty:
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    on the 1st head it looks quite pillowy like there is no underlying bone structure, especially the transition from forehead to eyes. on both models the ears are super flat, ears tend to stick out more and add some profile to the overall shape.

the lowpoly is suffering for chunkisitis ie: the silhouette of the top of the head is super poligonal and should be smoothed out., study some anatomy drawings/images and see if you can find the major forms and apply that to your models. keep at'er heads can be tough man.
  • BlackulaDZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmk, thanks for the anatomy critiques, I don't think i'll go back and fix these particular heads but i'll definitely keep your comments in mind and look at more reference in the future.