Home General Discussion

Idea / Suggestion

Daaark
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Daaark polycounter lvl 17
There are many times when I see a great piece of art, either in a catch-all type thread, and I don't comment on it, simply not to clutter up the thread, because I like it, but don't have any crits or discussion. Especially a lot of artwork in the 'what are you working on' can sometimes not get a single reply, even if it looks good and people do like it.

Some other vbulletin boards use a 'thanks' mod. It adds a little thanks button at the bottom near the quote button, and you can add a 'thank you' to a post. The original poster can see that people have read and enjoyed the post.

It helps keep a thread clean of redundant 'I like it' posts, and keeps it to just art updates or actual discussion, and it also lets people see that other posters have stopped by and liked the work, even if they didn't have anything to say about it.

Just a thought that has come up as I browse some threads. A lot of times I can imagine these guys not knowing if people liked their art and didn't post, or ignored it completely. :poly122:

Replies

• MoP
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, they use "Thanks" over on CA.org and it seems to work pretty well. Usually it means that if someone writes a critique on a piece and they have a high "thanks" rating, then it's more likely to be good advice (although that's not to say that people with no thanks at all can't give good advice too!).

No idea whether we'll implement this or not, depends how difficult it is, and what the other administrators/moderators think about the idea. Personally I wouldn't be against having a "Thanks" system like CA.org, but equally I don't really see a pressing need for one.