Home General Discussion

End of the year bitch thread

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
I'll go first.

Altoids are made in the UK, but are not sold here. To buy them here I have to go to a supplier on the net. They get shipped to the US, then shipped back and cost about 6USD a tin.

Replies

• Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Fucking Cherry Poptarts are not sold in any grocery store I go to. Never have. These giants will sell half chocolate, half banana creme poptarts that I've yet to ever witness someone purchase voluntarily, but refuse to carry my god damned cherry. Shit pisses me off. I have to go to skeezy ass 24hr marts and buy the individually wrapped by the box full.
  • TelekineticFrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TelekineticFrog polycounter lvl 18
    Sectaurs wrote: »
    Fucking Cherry Poptarts are not sold in any grocery store I go to. Never have. These giants will sell half chocolate, half banana creme poptarts that I've yet to ever witness someone purchase voluntarily, but refuse to carry my god damned cherry. Shit pisses me off. I have to go to skeezy ass 24hr marts and buy the individually wrapped by the box full.

Try Costco in Waltham. ;) Also I know I've gotten them from the Super Stop N' Shop in Waltham that is on the Charles River. Just a heads up for ya. Oh and while over in Waltham go down Moody Street and check out a shop called The Construction Site. It is pretty cool.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Try Costco in Waltham. ;) Also I know I've gotten them from the Super Stop N' Shop in Waltham that is on the Charles River. Just a heads up for ya. Oh and while over in Waltham go down Moody Street and check out a shop called The Construction Site. It is pretty cool.

You just saved 2008

high five!
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    You just saved 2008

high five!

2008 saved by a Telekinetic frog.

Is this an episode of Heroes? :D

I'd like to bitch about the lack of games jobs, and the studios shutting down (despite sales being up),which is flooding the market with more experienced talented arists that have shipped titles under our belts, which basically leaves us Junior artists well and truly shafted as they will obviously (and rightly so) get hired over juniors with no experience now. It looks like it is going to be months before I can break into the industry.
  • Kevin Albers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Albers polycounter lvl 18
    The Ale I like to drink is only sold in 6 packs and 12 packs, but often I'd like to get 4 bottles for a nice evening of moderate booziness. Finishing off the remaining couple of beers is quite the temptation at times. What are these madmen trying to do to me and my various tender organs?!
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I will echo Blenderhead's bitching about the state of the game industry. With the flood of recent layoffs, and the economy in ruins, I'll likely never got my foot in the door any time soon. I should probably go back to school and learn a more useful skill.

2008 sucked balls for me, due to many events I don't care to share. I'm hoping 2009 will be a much needed improvement, with less stuff to bitch about.
  • salman_fas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I want to bitch about not getting hired this past years and 2009 is gonna be worse with all the studios shut down, so I am gonna count on 2010 :(
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    Can I bitch about crazy people who believe in crystal powers and lord xeno and such? If so That is my major complaint of 2008.

and oh yea 3rd the whole industry BS going on (but still keeping positive about it all I hope everyone gets the jobs they deserve!)
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    i HATE DEATH( IT STALKS ME LIKE A GIANT STALKING THING)

SEFORIN, DON'T UPSET THE CRYSTAL PEOPLE THEY WILL COME FOR YOU IN THE NEW YEAR:)
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saidin311 polycounter lvl 11
    I'd like to bitch about the writers strike ruining television in 2008. Writers? Unionized? Common now... Someone writes 'Step Up 2: The Streets' and has the nerve to go on strike asking for more money and job security?! Come up with original ideas plz.

Now we're flooded with remake movies [speaking of which I want to strangle the guy who invented the phrase 'franchise reboot'] and reality tv shows. Thank god LOST is coming back soon.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Squeeze-bottle mayo. It simply does not work. Who the hell thought that this was a good idea?
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    Saidin311 - so folks don't deserve job security? are you on the side of the greedy corporate animals then?
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Squeeze-bottle mayo. It simply does not work. Who the hell thought that this was a good idea?

I know! I hate that!
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Personally, I hate it when I can't find the droids that I'm looking for.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Saidin311 wrote: »
    Thank god LOST is coming back soon.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwww yeah. :) The story got a pit floaty at the end of the last season though, with the entire island being moved by a lever 'n' all.
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    Gavimage wrote: »
    Personally, I hate it when I can't find the droids that I'm looking for.

I dont like you, My friend here dosent like you either'

*Slice hand off*
  • Flynny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Flynny polycounter lvl 9
    Cant grumble about this year too much to be honest, its been cracking! Although saying that i still have 2009 to come yet ;P
  • Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    End of year bitch, bitch.

bitch_barossa_grenache_2005.jpg

SM140~Bitch-Parking-Posters.jpg

bitch_2.gif

STFU-Bitch.jpg
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    despite my wife and i making enough money to buy a fucking castle with a moat around it in 99% of the world we still cant afford a 2 bedroom shanty in LA.. fuck this place, the weather is not that awesome. and i am not going to drive for 5 hours everyday just to have a house.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    Texas is too flat and there are more BMW's & Mercedes then there are trees.
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saidin311 polycounter lvl 11
    Ruz wrote: »
    Saidin311 - so folks don't deserve job security? are you on the side of the greedy corporate animals then?
    Not necessarily. Everyone deserves more money and more job security, not just people in unions. My opinion stops at that. I don't think people should have the right to hold a certain sector of society (be it writers, or grocery store clerks or assembly workers) hostage because they want more money and more job security. I think unions work in some cases and fail miserably in others. I agreed with some of the aspects of the writers when they went on strike. But since the quality of writing in movies and television was so incredibly low in the last year or two they didn't get much sympathy from me. (but a union discussion is for a different thread)

I'm all for job security. I'll gladly be unionized to get paid to write the third installment in the 'Step Up' trilogy.
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    Apartment internet blows ass. I haven't been able to play any online games since i moved here.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    well I think that even though they are poor writers, they might still deserve job security:)
    I personally believe in balance, if the union is too greedy that is wrong, if the employer is too greedy its even worse.
    seems to me the balance has swung too much the employers way these days, though probably I would feel more on the side of working class folks than writers per say
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Lee3dee wrote: »
    Texas is too flat and there are more BMW's & Mercedes then there are trees.

You forgot about Hummers and gas-guzzling SUVs in general ...
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fucking Cherry Poptarts are not sold in any grocery store I go to. Never have.
    Sames goes for Apple... truck loads of smores or other nastiness, but I'll be lucky to find a box of apple.
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Economy sucks. everyone I know is either broke, out of a job, or has lost so much money I'm not sure how many people would believe me if I said the actual numbers. Even markets that're doing good (ex: Games industry) are having tons of layoffs and companies go under left and right due to loan/investor/shareholder/etc. issues.

If we're lucky we might see things start to get back to normal within 2009, but I'm afraid 2008s ghost will haunt it for some time.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah, the economy is going to get tighter in the first part of the new year, but it will pick up again late spring/summer. We'll be back on track. Better buy a house while you can! :P
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    I can't find my freaking wasabi peanuts in any stores around here anymore. :(
  • Mike_Carlyle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mike_Carlyle polycounter lvl 17
    im drunk so, uhm, happy new year anyone?

PS: I love cherry poptarts lol
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    I didn't get drunk nearly as much as I should have.
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    i got drunk enough. urrrgh, and now its the less fun... day after. Coma.

Hangovers. aren´t they a bitch-
  • AshleyTayles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AshleyTayles polycounter lvl 9
    Those dam fireworks are a waste of money. I stood there, in the freezing cold, watching £100,000's of pounds exploding in the sky. While I'm down there, with the cheapest drink and food I can possibly get my hands on because I have no god damn money, those bastards are wasting it on a fucking party! It would have been a better night if they got all the money they spent on the party, in a plane, and dropped it on us, I'm sure people would have preferred that!
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    people using the phrase "credit crunch" to describe anything other than a credit crunch
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    programs like xfactor/talent shows in general make my blood boil. simon cowell make me want to vomit

How about putting on some proper programs. ITV is the worst offender
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I hate living in an apartment :P
  • scourgewarper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz wrote: »
    programs like xfactor/talent shows in general make my blood boil. simon cowell make me want to vomit

How about putting on some proper programs. ITV is the worst offender

Unequivocally agree with you there mate. And frickin dancing on ice/strictly come dancing, wtf?!?! Thats bbc as well so we're paying for crap we loathe. Guess i'll just have to stick to watching whose line is it anyway on youtube, until that gets shutdown of course...
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    im still drunk and im gonna carry on for a bit but ths fucking credit crunch is a bastard i had to buy 6 bottles of tesco gin rather than bombay, still gets you drunk though
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    I can't find a rad job in Arizona.
  • Peris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Peris polycounter lvl 17
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwww yeah. :) The story got a pit floaty at the end of the last season though, with the entire island being moved by a lever 'n' all.

hahaha are you kidding me?? Thank god i stopped watching that show ages ago =)
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18

The japanese apparently and its better than hellmans too !!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bd/Mayonnaise_Kewpie_Japanese.jpg/272px-Mayonnaise_Kewpie_Japanese.jpg

My bitch for the end of the year.. hmm got nothing to bitch about .. damn that fucking sucks..
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    People suddenly seemed way more stupid than the average stupidity.