Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

CNC Hotwire for a Mod

JR
polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
JR polycounter lvl 15
Hi guys. I'm doing a remake of Hotwire (Command and Conquer), for the Renegade-X Mod. I'd like to receive harsh crits about her anatomy/proportions and everything that can help make her better. I havent touched some parts, like hands and feet, but I'd love to hear overall crits. Thanks in advance.

Hotwire_wip_01.jpg

Hotwire_wip_02.jpg

Hotwire_wip_03.jpg

More snapshots coming soon.

Replies

• JR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
    To make crits easier, the direction I have to go on this char is that:

hotwirerefsux8.jpg
  • JR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
    A small update, fixing a lot of body issues:

Hotwire_wip_04.jpg

Hotwire_wip_05.jpg
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    It still looks too WIP for me to really crit at the moment, but I think the way the cloth is hanging down around the knee doesn't read right.
    I am guessing that the pants are a similar material to that of camo pants, so they should be kind of stiff, especially if they are tucked into the boot there. So it shouldn't sag down, there should be sharp creases and folds kind of keeping it stiff.
    Really nice work so far though, I think you are doing a fine job translating the original concepts.
  • DavidC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks good so far. Even allowing for the gigantic poly count differences, you've already given her a more natural form than the original model. Her arms look too skinny, but I could be wrong. In the concept you're working from, the character has Asian facial features, and yours are Caucasian. I'll agree with Brad that the flow of the pants around the knee looks wrong.
  • JR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
    Thanks guys.

More ups.

Hotwire_wip_06.jpg

Hotwire_wip_07.jpg
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    i liked the first version better, altho a tad too wide the face had character, now she looks a tad like a man :S even too much for army women.
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    Hmm. Maybe you could make her butt less lumpy. At the moment there doesn't seem to be any reason for her to have a visible wedgie, either. Even in really tight jeans the cleft between the glutes is only really visible in the lower 35%, leveling out into the lower back. The belts around her waist are also lower than in the concept, being at a modern norm; perhaps to place them higher, closer to the bottom of the ribcage, would give her a bit more army character. Her breasts also seem too close together. I imagine (looking at the concept art) she isn't the type to wear much of a bra, so they are just sort of flopping outwards to the sides.

She is looking very much like young Revolver Ocelot from MGS3, but he's pretty anyway, so whether you make the face more round or harsh (the difference between the two original artworks), I think you will be able to fit most her femininity into the texturing.
  • Junkie_XL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Junkie_XL polycounter lvl 14
    You subdivided too much too early on. Now you are probably going to pay the price for the lumpy look in certain spots from here on out.