Home General Discussion

Prince Of Persia

Is anyone playing this now? All I can say is wow... this game is incredibly beautiful. The animations are also very well done, and the character movement is alot more refined I think than from Assassins Creed. I'm having a blast with it, and am prob. idk 1/3 of the way into the game?

Edit: Damnit... spelt Persia wrong...

Replies

• odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    I played it today... It was annoying how sensitive the camera was, and that I couldn't die... Kinda took all the fun away for me :(

Granted I WAS in a shop playing it...

I really do want to get it, the visuals are beautiful in places.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    I was interested, then heard the choice of voices and the dialogue, which I thought were both godawful. Also the gameplay didn't seem as freeform as initially made out to be (involved a lot of running to a magic button which then propelled you to another one).

Do you think this is better than the previous games? And is there an option to change it to a different language and have subtitles?
  • mLichy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Idk, the dying doesn't bother me, because in Sands of Time you just could rewind time and it's the same type of mechanic in a sense as her saving you and "rewinding time" in a way. Although you could die in Sands of Time.

The flying around and whatnot is differen't, but again, it doesn't ruin the game for me really. The fights are pretty intense as you progress and it's better than just mindless killing or button mashing or w/e like in Sands or in Assassins. Although you do kind of button mash in a sense in these battles,but its alot more about timing and rythum.

I don't really have any issue with the camera or anything. Really the only thing that annoys me is the fact that the soundtrack is in video format and I can't have them as Mp3s... at least not easily.

Edit: You can turn off subtitles and help menus yes. I don't know about languages. I don't mind the voice acting, at first I thought it was kinda idk lame, but when you keep talking to Elika they say some funny things. It just reminds me of Gears how childish they are or act.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    you know you can't die in any game, right? Like, i've tried during particularly depressive phases, it just doesn't work.

you click 'retry' and there you are...
  • Mezz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    Hoping to pick up the game Monday :D Honestly, I've been look at the art for this game for months and been DYING.... even if the gameplay is only so-so, that art will keep me going :D I'm so very in love with the style.
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    I love the PoP series, including the old old ones, but really enjoyed the last trilogy. Ass Creed really let me down because I assumed the "free roaming" would be a lot like PoP's game play just on a more open scale. I was wrong, obviously. So, my question to those that have bought it- how much have they borrowed from Ass Creed? Is bouncing around and shit more or less the same as the older PoP's? Have they improved their fighting system at all from previous games? Do monkeys ACTUALLY taste like chicken and, if so, would they be a good fajita ingredient!?

Thanks!
    G
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    SupRore wrote: »
    you know you can't die in any game, right? Like, i've tried during particularly depressive phases, it just doesn't work.

you click 'retry' and there you are...

Diablo & Diablo 2 - Hardcore Mode. If You die, you're dead for good.

/smartass

I only played it for a brief period.

Love the Painted textures sans shaders, but found the dialogue and voice acting annoying.

I enjoy the series, and I'll likely play it through in the new year.

I don't really care about how different or NEW it is. I personally don't mind more of the same.

'Not dying' dosen't seem to bother me, it just saves me the annoyance of actually DYING, then going through some long drawn out unskippable dying animation, and another loading screen to load up the "GAME OVER" screen, then selecting a previous save, then sitting through a loading screen, and then getting back to the exact point you died, just to die again.
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10
    Mezz wrote: »
    Hoping to pick up the game Monday :D Honestly, I've been look at the art for this game for months and been DYING.... even if the gameplay is only so-so, that art will keep me going :D I'm so very in love with the style.

Agree.. The only reason to ever buy a shooter as well. To look at the art.
    pain when yer nephews aren't around to play it fer u.

I will have to chain them to my computer when I git POP
  • mLichy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So, my question to those that have bought it- how much have they borrowed from Ass Creed? Is bouncing around and shit more or less the same as the older PoP's? Have they improved their fighting system at all from previous games? Do monkeys ACTUALLY taste like chicken and, if so, would they be a good fajita ingredient!?

To answer your questions:

They seemed to have taken what Assassin's Creed did with their parkour, but improved it alot, and made it alot more streamlined imo. You can easily run/jump/swing/climb from one thing to the next very quickly and easily. Sometimes you might get hung up or do something you don't want to, but overall it works very well.

The fighting is alot trickier in this one. You cannot just button mash, but really need to have a strategy and timing to win some of the later battles. It's somewhat like Resident evil where they will attack you and you have to press a button to counter it, but your given more time to react than in RE. But the fight sequences are really cool I think. As for the not dying while fighting, instead of well... dying lol, your punished by the oppoents health going back up quite a bit.

Also, I wasn't sure about the whole flying around thing with Elika, but it's really cool I think and adds a very interesting element to the game. You don't just fly from one plate to another and press a button, it gets to be alot more involved.

Yes, Monkeys taste like chicken, but idk if I would use them on Fajitas. Maybe a stew would be better.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    I'm about 150 light orbs into it and I'm really enjoying the game.

My biggest problem at the moment is the delayed jumping when performing jumping maneuvers, there's almost like a 1-2 second delay after pressing jump, he jumps and if your facing a certain direction away from a grab object, you'll fall to your death.

But since there no dying it just puts you back to try again. Some of the conversations are great, but the overall i would of liked the main characters to have an Arabic accents over the standard voices.

The graphic are beautiful and the Scimitar Engine looks even more refined than Assassins Creed. Some of the mid-boss fights were a little too easy, So hopefully the boss fights are more challenging.
  • mLichy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee wrote: »
    The graphic are beautiful and the Scimitar Engine looks even more refined than Assassins Creed. Some of the mid-boss fights were a little too easy, So hopefully the boss fights are more challenging.

I just beat the game, and it definitely gets more challenging as you go along, but still could have been more challenging I guess. I still had a absolute blast with the game and will replay it again soon. Sometimes the jumping and whatnot does mess up, but overall it works very well for how many differen't ways you can do things.