Home General Discussion

Twilight

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Wells polycounter lvl 18
No thread on Twilight?!

I dragged my friends out to see this on Saturday. EPIC MOVIE!

Honestly one of the best times I've had at a movie. The entire thing is so awesomely over the top you can't help but love it. Imagine seeing everything filtered through a 17 year old girl's eyes. From slo-mo shots of a girl in front of a fan to dreamy boys unsubtly framed by wings, this movie has it all. PLUS, vampire baseball.

OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEQUEL <3<3<3

*hugs trapper keeper*

Replies

• Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    that movie was a combination of cringes and LULZ!
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    Twilight was an enjoyable movie (haven't read the books, yet! Though my mom told me what happened at the end of the 4th book. hehe).
    It was very amusing to watch a vampire be socially awkward around a girl. Then before the lovey-dovey stuff overwhelmed everything, the chase was on!

Interesting take on vampires. I really want to read the novels to learn more about her versions now. Also I want to see if some of my theories I generated while viewing the film play out.

One thing I did notice is that they really managed to include a lot of subtle interactions and sub-layers into the movie. Something rarely seen in movies now.

P.S. Alice is hot. <3
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    are you all teenage girls?
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I've read into the plot of the movie, and read many reviews. People talk about it, and the books so much, I was curious. Some say the book is good. But the depth of the characters ("you are my life" "i'd rather die than blah blah blah"), says otherwise.

Seems to me like a cheesy high school love story, with shallow characters, and a theme of vampires, that greatly appeals to most teenage girls, transformed into a visually appealing eye candy cinematic experience.

I can't bring myself to buy the ticket. I hear there will be sequels.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    I enjoyed the movie very much. It was pretty cool. I can't wait to see what's next, but I have a feeling will see some ....
  • spyrewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    uugh my missus dragged me to that the other night, i mean like my vampires to sparkle in the sunlight and by sparkle i mean burst into flame and explode.... WTF seriously, sparkly vampires!...dude that's just not cricket,

and what was up with vampire guy at the start, he was looking all like he had shat himself and when burst from the room i thought he must have..

the fights were fun but overall too "chick flicky" for me. and the sappy dialogue put this vampire love story in it coffin for me.
    that movie was a combination of cringes and LULZ!
    Agreed.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Well probably the other movies will have more action. It felt to me that this was more of an intro to the characters, but yes the cinema was filled with lots of ladies, so this must be a chick flick. LOL
  • Mezz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    Haha man! Having read all the books.. uhh... uhh... I don't know what to say. Except that I was completely swept up into the whole highschool girl fantasy land, and now, looking back, think.... what the HELL was wrong with me? Seriously, since when did I like vampires that are all sweet and cuddly and don't bite the necks of chicks and have crazy powers and wear tons of leather?

I don't think I can bring myself to see this movie... no... no, I don't think that will happen.
    And if you're hoping for more action... uhh... yeah, not so much. There tends to ALMOST be stuff that happens a lot, but then through the power of love and talking, most crisises are averted :P
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    It sounds like Let the Right One In rewritten for vacuous teenage girls.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICp4g9p_rgo[/ame]
    I'm quite looking forward to this one.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    I have agreed to see this with my wife in a few weeks once most of the teens are done with it. Translation I'm putting it off as long as i can. The only interest i have is to know what she sees in it. I just don't get it, i'm thinking its just a chick flick and something i wont get but just in case i'll go see it. Please tell me there is some action... I guess on the bright side chick flicks almost always make chicks very horny...
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    No delusions here guys. It is a chick flick love story.
    This is not Blade, there is no ass kickery in the extreme.

Speaking of, the whole daywalker thing is no less outlandish than sparkly glitter vamps. :p
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    My chick has the book, it is so over the top, in one chapter a girl gets kissed and she faints because it felt so good... WHAT..... THE... F!@&amp;! Stand up for your manlyness and avoid this movie at all costs :P
  • Cody
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was recently told the books are good, like a slightly more girl-centric Harry Potter, but everything I've seen and heard since only contradicts this.
  • Mezz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    I love you South Park.

But that movie, Let the Right One In, actually looks really awesome! I am intruiged...

lol It's like Harry Potter in the sense that... it's hugely crazy popular even though a 10 year old could have written it :P